Center channel "timbre match" for Khorns

zork52

Folks,

I'm running 5.1 HT and currently have always used a KV-3 as center channel between Klipschorns ( front ) and KG 3.2's ( rear, er actually the side but rear in my LR set up ).

The Center is on the shelf below my 61" DLP on a Bush glass and metal stand. The only possible upgrade I might think about would be an RC-64. Space is non negoitable.

A friend ( on-line ) never been to his house has this set up and he likes it. All of you Pooh Pooh this match up however. Wouldn't this still be a decent upgrade? From what I"ve seen of his LR pics and mine, we both have less than ideal rooms.

La Scala or Belle Klipsch preferably, if you can't swing those a Cornwall (Horizontal or Vertical) will do. Lastly the Heresy would work better than your KV-2 and far better than an RC-64. Ditch the 3.2's in the rear and get some Heresy's.

You will thank yourself and wow your family and friends if you go all Heritage, movie theaters will no longer thrill you once you have experienced a timbre' matched all Heritage system. Back it up with some heavy duty subbage and get ready for an experience.

Frzninvt

I agree.. if all else fails.. Ask Colterphoto1 what he uses..It is not perfect, but better than an academy if you need to go small.

Best timbre match..K horn..second.. A La Scala.. (the best timbre is in that midrange... Sorry Belle owners, it is true..)

Up stairs between my k horns I use a vertical Cornwall. (now horizontal) I love it..yes... But it is NOT a perfect match..

Downstairs... OMG, yes, in the HT. And your right, too. Once you hear it right, it's hard to go back!

I can't wait for the new Batman movie on DVD...