LaScalas with different grilles on eBay

Cornwalled

Hello all!

I was scouring eBay for Heritage speakers again, and I came upon a cool looking pair of La Scalas with grilles over the mid/ high frequency horns and the bass bin as well.

Here they are: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1325463460

I've never seen a set like this. Figured I'd let you all check it out. Anyone have any thoughts? I'd love to hear more about when they were made, if they are a special edition, etc. We could all learn something from this.

Thanks,

Jon

------------------

markvi82@hotmail.com

1981 Cornwall I's

Yamaha DSP-A1000 integrated amp

Acoustic Research AR3A's for Pro-Logic rears

(Music only setup)

Marantz CD Player

Yamaha Turntable with Stanton EE Cartridge

Those look nice, but there seems to be a vertical strip of wood in the center of the bass horn opening. This may affect the sound as it is essentially changing the opening of the bass horn mouth. Of course it's a small change to the size of the opening, but a change nonetheless.

La Scalas can be ordered with grills over the mid and high horns. That's how mine are. I think it makes the La Scala look very cool. Some people don't like the way La Scalas look, but I really like the way mine look.