EV Help ! ?......

I need some help and can't find any info at all. I came across an unbeatable deal on some speakers for my garage,,, Free! The only problem is that one of the tweeters is open and I can't track down a new diaphragm. Also any info as to what model they are would be appreciated. T350's - T25A's with the 8HD horn - twin SP15A's - X36 and X8 8Ohm X-Overs. All in what I have assumed to be custom cab's.

Here are some pictures. Please note that the covers are off so we can see the drivers. Yes I have noticed that the horns are staight up and down. A left to right position would have been better, but I did not build them. Hard to believe these speakers can put out that kind of volume and clarity when they are only a few years younger than me. Also notice the T350 is removed for repair. I will do the repair myself with parts from Bec. The line up is a T350, a T25A, a pair of SP15A's, an X36 cross over and an X8 cross over. I'm currently trying to convince my wife to let me move them from the garage to the TV room. In the garage they are being run with an NAD 5000 CD player that I found a nos transport repair part for and my much loved Marantz 2265B. Together they sound wonderful. If the wife looses her sanity and lets me bring them in, they will be run with my NAD system. OK, now that I'm done talking I can't figure out how to insert a picture. Any help would be appreciated.

post-31918-1381939984417_thumb.jpg

post-31918-13819410001308_thumb.jpg

Yes I have noticed that the horns are staight up and down. A left to right position would have been better, but I did not build them.

The mid horn is an 8HD (click on the pdf file above for info on the 8HD) which is a diffraction type design and EV recommended vertical orientation as these are. Ev also recommended the T35 be vertically oriented if crossed over below 6000Hz. I built a similar system and enjoyed them for many years!

mike tn[:)]

T10A,%20T25A,%208HD%20&%206HD%20EDS.pdf

T10A,%20T25A,%208HD%20&%206HD%20EDS.pdf

Thanx for that link. I have been having a real bear of a time finding any info on these speakers. So far my assumption that they are custom cabs has stood. They have the most amazing ability to put out music at a party volume that retains it's fidelty. All on a 65 watt receiver thats at volume setting 4. Yes Yes I know, they are as old as me. But they were designed and built back when some things were still built to work correctly and for a long time.

Thanx for that link. I have been having a real bear of a time finding any info on these speakers. So far my assumption that they are custom cabs has stood. They have the most amazing ability to put out music at a party volume that retains it's fidelty. All on a 65 watt receiver thats at volume setting 4. Yes Yes I know, they are as old as me. But they were designed and built back when some things were still built to work correctly and for a long time.

Hello ILovetheoldies

At this time in EV history they were marketing these drivers as componet drivers for the Home Constructer. That is what you have here and a pretty ambitious one at that considering they used two SP15A woofers per cabinet and T350 tweeters which are often sought after and I've seen sale for $500 and more if in good shape for a pair).

Yours uses an earlier Mid Driver than what I used but The system (I built mine using solid 3/4" walnut and plywood) used a SP15A (single) per cabinet with EV's (what was advertised) as (Building Blocks Kits BB1 and BB4B) the SP15A optimum cabinet volume if building from scratch was 7.5 cubic feet internally(roughly (31" H) x (24" W) x (19" D) internal dimensions) and the -3db point was 40Hz with the -10db point was 30Hz. The BB1 High-Frequency kit consisted of a T35A horn tweeter, X36 crossover and AT38 level control. The BB4B Mid-Frequency kit consisted of an 1824M driver, 8HD Horn, X8 crossover and AT38 level control. Both crossovers are 12db per octave crossovers with X8=800HZ and X36=3500Hz (which was also used with the T350 Tweeter if one upgraded to it.

I can't tell for sure but looking at your picture it looks like the builder doubled the recommended cabinet and port volume for one SP15A to accommodate the Dual SP15A drivers to maintain at least the same F3 point. I know one thing for sure and that is even with a single SP15A these speakers had excellent low end (power and punch) feel in the 30HZ to 40Hz range.

I sold mine later to a friend when I bought Lascalas and he still has them along with some Klipsch Speakers I turned him on to[:D] and so I still get to hear them from time to time.

Enjoy and anyone interested in EV info check this site out.

Click here:

mike tn[:)]