frznvarmint or other DBX expert...

Mallette

Thanks, Jeff. I'd like to buy the cheapest one that supports it. I went to the site, but either the db is well hidden or you need their product disk to link to it, so I could not confirm which ones did. I suppose I can email them...

690 looks adequate for my needs.

Dave

Dave -

From the Logitech site select Remotes, then universal remotes, then click on the check compatibility link right below the picture of the receiver on the right side of the web page. Once there select the AV Receiver category and go from there. I think there device database works across all of their remotes. I have 3 of them the 510, 520, and 550. I like the layout of them and for $99 (or less if you look around) you can't beat them for universal remotes. I have them controlling everything from my audio equipment to fans and portable air conditioners. You can poke around on www.remotecentral.com as well.

Laters,

Jeff

Thankee, Jeffers. I went astray following the "support" link above that. Dead end. I will order one shortly. It supports my Sony MDP-750 LaserDisc player and the 4BX, as well as a number of my vintage pieces. Looking forward to it! I would NEVER have looked under "Amplifiers" for a DBX!

Given your love for, experience in, and sophisticated surround sound systems I'd appreciate your taking a look at the "Six Cardinal Rules..." thread, reading the paper, and commenting.

If the concert recording comes off I'd like you to serve as a beta tester to see if it "tastes good." I know at one point you had an all Cornwall surround system that would be perfect...though I am sure however you have them mixed now is well done as as well.

Dave

Well, the Logitech site lies. However, thanks for the tip, Jeff, as it does work nicely for my Sony MDP-750 LaserDisc which was sans remote, and the PAW is delighted to have everything switched automatically for DVD, CD, LaserDisc, TV, etc. on both the Music Room (Klipsch) and Family Room (Frazier) systems.

I had my doubts since this was listed in AV Receivers, which the 4BX definitely is not. To my knowledge, there was never a DBX 4BX reciever. Further, the commands it loaded were for disc change and all sorts of weirdness that don't even sound like a receiver. I have a slim hope that perhaps they just mislabled it or something and support will fix it. Probably not...

Anyway, I DO love the Harmony. Quite a bargain for 100 ducats. May need to get a second one! Really, the best deal is that the kids don't know it will control the family room system, so when they lose (frequently) the cabel remote in there we can still watch!

It DOES have a learning function, so maybe I can send one to frzn or someone with a working 4BX remote to get it programmed. If so, I'd then upload the codes to Logitech so everyone would be able to have them.

Dave

You will NOT find an off the shelf remote anywhere on the planet that can operate the DBX 4BX period! It's not going to happen. You will have to repeatedly check eBay for someone selling only the remote but be prepared to spend some money to get one. If Jim Gammel is not responding than I don't know where else to point you since he is the only one I know that has successfully cracked the code and cloned perfect remotes for the 4BX and 5BX processors. Another person to try is Witoman on eBay he purchased a number of the clones from Jim when he was producing them.

I don't know why Jim is not responding I lost touch with him years ago and any attempts to contact him have come back with nothing. A real shame since he has tons of DBX information alot of it I provided to him.

I no longer own any DBX processors only there super nice DX5 CD players with built in processing which I still use to this day as my primary stand alone CD player. Performance is top notch.