c'mon people!! 705 and rf82 rocks

delhite2

okay i like the rf 82's more than any other speaker, i've ever heard.

but i need a li'l help (who doesnt need?), please tell me the equaliser settings for diff'' bands you use for rf82, rc52, rs52, rw12d, on ur amp + the tone settings for bass and treble.

with thanks and lots of love

equalizer? As in graphic equalizer or the setup controls on modern home theater receivers?Graphic eq deviceis usually used to correct gently for room issues andfor various recordings. It would be impossible to translate someone's settings to your own room effectively.

For the HT setups, for any of those speakers, I'd set them all to SMALL on the receiver and crossover at 80 Hz. THen set sub to crossover OFF or the highest setting (so it doesn't filter the sound further). What receiver are you using?

The best way to use an built-in EQ like your Onkyo has is to get a Radio Shack decibel meter and a CD that outputs sound at the frequencies that can be adjusted by the equalizer. You want to look for frequencies that are playing at higher levels than others and reduce them. For the best sound quality EQs aren't recommended to boost sound levels.