p-man

hey i just found this site yesterday and it's loaded with great information. i'm in the slow process of building a home theater. i'll hopefully be moving into a house when i get married in the summer of 2003 and am already planning my setup. so far i have a pair of KSF-10.5 L/R speakers which i really love. i got them about 3 years ago as stereo speakers. for xmas i got a yamaha rx-v620 receiver. ps2 is the current dvd player. i'll probably be adding the SC-1 for center, SS-1 for surround and the KSW-12 for my sub. the TV is gonna be a big expense, though. but i've got time and a couple christmas/birthdays to build the system. any advice on this?

Hey P-man, welcome aboard.

My only suggestion would be to use the MATCHING center and surrounds for your 10.5's.Those being the KSF-C5 center and KSF-S5 surrounds.Keep your eyes peeled.They show up on E-Bay often(I have a C-5 if interested).

Good luck.

Keith

Keith's advise is is right on the money. Being your in no rush you can sit back a pluck them used not only from Ebay but from other online services. Keep your eyes on the classifieds also as you might find something for a steal locally.

If money is an issue, your mains aill create a phantom centre channel. Therefore you might want to leave the centre till last. Just a thought.

Regards,

Stu

p-man, lots of the surrounds have sold in the last few months on E-Bay.Some in the past few weeks were new.Do a search there on closed auctions.If you look around you will find the difference in the cost of the correct speakers,as opposed to others, will be small.Buy the right speakers the first time.You'll save money.

Keith

quote:

Originally posted by dougdrake2:

P - And don't forget about that all-important center channel matching, which should be better with the KSF-C5 and the SC-1.

doug - what exactly do you mean by that? the KSF-C5 and the SC-1 are both center channels with the KSF matching my current l/r mains. thanks for all the input guys.