$500 Klipschorn saga revisited....

fenderbender

I know GLA51 Has a thread on his rebuild...But I thought this deserved it's own ....... and I'm not kissing A$$, this is one humble mans opinion....

I just got back from an afternoon over at the klipsch-farm, to check out GLA's handy work:

1. they truly look gorgeous in black lacquer ....the pics do not do them justice

2. Patience, perseverance , testing and more testing...has paid off!!!!!

3. These may be the single best sounding pair of khorns That I have ever heard(Let GLA chime in with the tech)

the way he has them sealed into the walls is a major payoff......The bass is tight, tight, and feels like there is a drum kit in the room with you...you can taste the kick drum thumping!!! The new Squaker driver is velvety and sparklingly reviling , and the Crites tweeter is crisp and with no sense of harshness or ear fatigue.

I believe a great synergy is happening here....the air tight wall seal is allowing the bass to be distortionless and not in the least bit "boomy" allowing the mid frequencies to bloom and shine through.....and the combo of the mid driver and Xover points (****in GLA's listening space ****) is nothing short of magical.....

So what I take home from this experience is that there is no magic bullet...no one amp/preamp/turntable combo thats going to get you there....no magic wires, interconnects or fairy dust crystals.......Just patience and research to find out what sounds best in the room you have...

Kudos to Marshall....my freind, it just doesn't get any better!!!!

Thanks for the kind comments.

Everything I have learned is due to my extensive research into the lost art of the applied theoretical physics of zymurgy...CoolBeerParty!!!

They do say if you give a chimp a typewriter and enough paper...eventually he'll come up with shakespear........Drink enough Sam Adams and your bound to get the speakers right eventually!!! [:P] [:D]