phono preamp, artemis lab, anyone try this one?

jazzbeq

i have not heard it, but i know i wouldnt buy it at 3500.00 it should support both low and high output cartridges and when the first thing in the company advertisement is about the noise/hum ( 50dB of gain with low hum and noise ) i personally wouldnt want anything to do with it, there are a multitude of great phono stages for that kinda money that support both mm and mc low and high outputs and dont have a hum / noise issue

Joe

I am with joe on this. I have not heard this particular phono stage but I have auditioned quite a few and have to say I haven't heard any that significantly bested the phono section of my blueberry. Mark sells the tercel phono stage for a very reasonable price. Having one with his cream option would handle just about any cartridge. An incredible piece of audio equipment that competes with options costing significantly more dough.

Josh

I know it is expensive, but i search a replacement(got two turntable and AQV, will go XLR with my other tt) for a AQvox for my P9, rega?

the tercel, was out in production when i bought the Aqvox, it was one that intrigated me, with decware phono?

Audioresearch P7, should i invest more and get the real thing, or search for a BBuy versatile phono stage! i like to swith cart around!

regards

I guess, my problem is my cart, a Benz Ace Red, mc low, very very detailled sound, but an evident lack of warmness compare to my now gone DL103 ( i broke the canteliver with my hudge thumb!).

Maybe, i should order another DL103, maybe a R version, or any suggestion for a warmer cartrige in the mc low zone?

A+