Maximum Continue SPL that your system can do without distortion?

Manuel Delaflor

The apartment under me is for rent, and I wanted to know how much sound its transmited from my equipment before the new neighbor arrives.

So I just cranked my system to the max using a heavy song by Limp Bizkit and I found that the building (an old very solid construction) is very well isolated.

Anyway, I picked up my RS SPL meter and found that the continue SPL was between 104-106dB at my listening position (about 5 meters from each speaker). There were no audible distortion nor clipping at all (just an "out of headroom" or compression sensation).

This amount may sound like not to much, but it is well above my listening tastes, and it was fun to see what my system can do at its limits.

Technics SUX302 Integrated Amplifier (30wpc)

Klipsch Heresy Mains

Klipsch KSW12 Subwoofer

Sony CDP-C215 CD Player

This message has been edited by Manuel on 01-31-2002 at 07:58 PM

so, how loud was it downstairs? or in the hallway? that is the determining factor on whether it will bother the neighbors Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

I'm pretty sure I seen Ted Nugent once.

Hell, I can't even remember.

(I kinda remember someone flinging around on a rope in a loincloth, and that infamous thing he did with the D string on his Byrdland.)

It was that way with a lot of bands, Is was that damn Sedation problem, ya know?