Reference rf-62 vs synergy f-3

arriagaricardo

Can anybody help me decide?

I am trying to improve my system, right now i have the synergy f-3 as fronts, i am about to get the reference series rf-62, will be this an upgrade, downgrade or a lateral move?

I want to get the cleanest sound reproduction posible from one of this two, wich one will give me that?

Does anyone can explain me the main diferences between this two?

Thank you for your help.

I'd think it would be an upgrade ... though going from 2 8" drivers to 6.5" drivers may be a bit of a downgrade, but I'd expect the rf-62 to be more refined and smoother sounding than the synergy f-3.

The Synergy line is the Klipsch entry level. Very hard to beat for the money. The Reference line is a step up with better components and probably better fit and finish.

I'd think the rf-62 would be an improvement but it might not be a real big improvement. Or it could be quite dramatic. I've not compared these models to know. The Reference line is also very hard to beat for the money. That's true of most if not all Klipsch products - the money goes into design, engineering, and components rather than advertising.

Now if you could move up to the rf-82 or rf-63 then I suspect the improvement would be more dramatic. More just my speculation than opinion as I've not heard the F3's or rf-62s. I've heard a full rf-83 setup and it was spectacular - but that's the top of the Reference line so of course it's going to be spectacular.

Hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about and have tried both models or at least similar will add their 2 cents.

I don't know a lot about the Synergy or Reference lines but I do know that the Synergy F3 is an updated Reference RF3 so that would be two generations past in the Reference line...updated a bit...whether or notone is better than the other is another matter...good luck...

Bill

The F3s are incredibly capable speakers. I would say that the RF-62 would be a lateral move at best and possibly even a slight downgrade.

Reference series speakers use different materials for the woofers compared to the Synergy series. The current generation (Reference IV) series speakers does have what many have called a more refined and unfortunately somewhat less dynamic sound than previous Reference series. Smoother has been used to describe them as well. I believe the crossover components are of higher quality in the Reference series compared to the Synergy series. I haven't done a ton of listening to F3s other than at a poorly set up display at a Best Buy but what I heard sounded fantastic.

The F3s are the creme de la creme of the Synergy line, the RF-62s are second from the bottom of the Reference line (RF-52, RF-62, RF-82, RF-63, RF-83 is the order I'd put them in).