Yamaha Receiver

Youthman

Still a lot I haven't figured out on the Yammie. I don't even see the xover settings or where you tell it Small or Large for speakers. I just see EQ settings for different frequencies. One day, I'll bust out the manual and actually read through some of it.

Sounds like a totally awesome AV receiver, I am very glad you are enjoying it and that yoiu are very happy with it and thank you for taking the time to respond, Reason for my asking is that I am very happy with my Yamaha but if and when I update I was divided in the Onkyo or Yamaha.. but you have just convinced me to stay true to the Yamaha.

As for your settings try pressing (if your remote is similar to mine) press "AMP" then "Menu" this should bring you to an 'auto set up screen' down arrow on that and select manual set up, then click on 'sound menu' then 'speaker set' and your small/large and crossover settings are found here.

Good luck.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'm definitely more pleased with the Yamaha. I believe it does a better job with stereo and is incredible for HT. The Onkyo is fantastic for HT but is lacking with 2ch.

I did find the menu settings thanks to Colter. I didn't realize I needed to hit the down arrow on the remote to reveal additional options in the Sound Menu.