BLUE RAY by Samsung ? Model # BD-P1500

HudsonValleyNoah

This review on CNET says somewhat nasty things about it: http://reviews.cnet.com/video-players-and-recorders/samsung-bd-p1500/4505-6463_7-32815244.html

I don't know when this particular model was released, but I have read and heard first-hand customer accounts of there being many issues with the earlier Samsun Blu-Ray models. My daughter's boyfriend tried 3 different units (I don't recall the model) from Best Buy back in December and wound up getting his money back. He was furious and swore he'd never buy a Samsung Blu-Ray again, yet he loves his Samsung 60" plasma display. He's had zero problems with that. I'm sure some folks have had great luck with some of them but I recommend you find out when this model was first released and only consider the newer model Samsungs. -Glenn

Does anyone have an opinion on the Samsung Blue Ray Disc Player Model # BD-P1500 ?

I own the previous model the BD-P1400 and like it a lot. The new 1500 does not output the new codecs on analog, other than the two channel outputs... something to consider if you plan on using it with an AVR or processor that does not decode the new codecs and therefore require the use of the 5.1 outputs. It will pass the codecs on HDMI though. Video and sound quality are stunning from the 1400 and the load speed is among the fastest I've seen. If you don't require analog 5.1 output, then I think it's a great deal.