Plasma tv & magnetic fields ?

sunburnwilly

I've got an RC-7 right under my 60" Kuro with no problems. When the screen powers up and there's no signal, you should get a solid blue screen. I've never seen static on mine, even when handshaking.

Edit, you said you heard static, not saw static, my mistake.

There is no indication that magnetic fields are a problem , per the owners manual . I don't know how I didn't spot it before but I found the problem . The screen is cracked . Lightning

ARRRRGH. Did you pick it up or was it delivered?

White glove delivery . The 2 guys that helped get it up on the Belle didn't see the problem either . I have 3 large south facing windows that provide alot of light in the room . I didn't see the cracks until I shut the blinds and turned the lights on before going to work . I feel kinda dumb for not seeing the problem .

Hopefully you'll have a replacement pretty soon. Remember, no static images for the first 100 hrs!! Make sure the orbiter is on.

I was thinking more like 150 hours . Which is why my old DLP is sitting next to it . I plan on using a combination of HD Theater and a plasma break in disc .

You don't necessarily have to use a disc. Watch programming like the discovery channel (HD) that has a full screen and no channel logo and you'll be fine. Movies are fine too. Anything with no channel logo that fills the screen will do. That way you can enjoy your set as it breaks in.

You don't necessarily have to use a disc. Watch programming like the discovery channel (HD) that has a full screen and no channel logo and you'll be fine. Movies are fine too. Anything with no channel logo that fills the screen will do. That way you can enjoy your set as it breaks in.

I agree , the break in disc which is nothing more than full screen color graduations would be used while I was at work , asleep , etc... . During the hours that I am in the room HD Theater seems like the safest channel to use . Of course I would not have anything on the tv that was not full screen or had tickers until I was satisfied that a good break in had be reached . My habit of watching CNN during the daytime would be handled by my old Samsung DLP . After a couple of months the DLP will move into the bedroom .

I agree , the break in disc which is nothing more than full screen color graduations would be used while I was at work , asleep , etc... . .

The thought of the disc freezing up unintentionally while I wasn't around would scare the beejezus out of me. I guess I'm a little too anal.