Recommendations for new high end receiver

unimorpheus

I am currently looking to upgrade from a Yamaha RX-V3300 receiver and was cosidering the Yamaha RX-V3900. While I have zero issues with the Yamaha I need HDMI support and my installation location does not lend itself to separates. I need a do all integrated AV receiver. I am looking to move up from the usual Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo and HK type products. Does anyone make such a product that could be considered and updrade from the fine products I just listed. Thanks.

Considering you are looking at the Yamaha RX-V3900 I would check out the NAD T775 or T785. Both are not too far off the price of the Yami and from what I hear sound great. Only thing is they don't yet support the new audio codecs, but I would think the updated versions would be coming out around the new year.

I'd recommend the Onkyo TX-NR905 (or this year NR906) - decodes all the greatest latest codecs that you could find; and then the top of the line BurrBrown DACs (PCM1796s), beefy (65A) Toroidal power supply, Dual Push-Pull amplifiers, Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry, HQV Reon video processing...(Plus, FYI, Frys has these NR905s for 50% off original MSRP)

With all due respect to the Onkyo and Yami recommendations, to me they just don't make it into the next level of performance with the likes of NAD, Marantz, Intergra, Rotel, Sherwood, ect....

Seeing that you are considering receivers close up to 2k, its my opinion that the later mentioned brands have superior power, sound and capabilities over the Denon's, Yami's, Onkyo's. The decoding of the codecs is becoming less of an issue seeing that most of the new Blu-Ray players are doing the decoding internally. I guess then it really comes down again to what is in the budget. Let us know how it works out.

I no longer like receivers per se, but in your budget, a higher-end Marantz will be tough to beat.

That said, if you can find room, a good pre-pro & amp combo (hide the amp somewhere if you have to)can be had for your budget, and would be head & shoulders above a very good receiver.