RC-64... wow!

Oosto

I've read alot of recent posts about differences between the RC-64 and RC-62/RC-35. Well, I have previously owned an RC-35 and let me tell you that the 64 absolutely owns it! I was fortunate to pick mine up for a song (it was one of last new units available in Oz!) and I must admit that when I first got it, I wondered whether it would make that much difference. However, I can now say that the difference is significant. Where my RC-35 would often 'get lost' amongst my RF-35's, the RC-64 effortlessly keeps up! Vocals come through loud, smooth and clear. The RC-64 shares none of the 'boxiness' that I sometimes encountered with the RC-35. Yes I'm conscious about budget considerations but for anyone who is asking the question... Yes the RC-64 is well worth the upgrade.

[;)]

• Moderators

Thx for the review on the RC-64. It truly is an amazing speaker. I would eventually like to either trade my RC-7 for one to match my RF-83's. The RC-7 is a fantastic speaker. I would just like to have them all three from the same series of speakers.

Thx for the review on the RC-64. It truly is an amazing speaker. I would eventually like to either trade my RC-7 for one to match my RF-83's. The RC-7 is a fantastic speaker. I would just like to have them all three from the same series of speakers.

Youthman, yes the RC-64 should be a better sonic match for your RF-83's given it uses the same tweeter. However, it would be interesting find out whether the RC-64 actually sounds better than the RC-7. I was actually trying to find an RC-7 before I got the RC-64. I'm sure there must be a few forum members out there who have compared these centre speakers? Anyone care to comment?

I have to agree, the RC-64 is a beast when matched up with the RF-83. I was fortunate enough to get them at the same time so I don't have any experience with another center. When I went to pick it up I was surprised that it was the center, the box is almost as big as the RF-83 box.

Enjoy your new setup.

James

• Moderators

When I picked up my RC-7, I was amazed at how heavy a center channel could be. 42 lbs. To think that the RC-64 is 20 lbs heavier is awesome! They both are amazing speakers. I have heard the RC-64 in a HT store and it was sweet. Mine RC-7 is black. I would like to get a cherry RC-64 to match my cherry 83's.

I have a RC 64, a RC 7 and a RC 7 with the DEAN G X-over upgrade on it.

I like the RC 64 better then the stock RC 7. I did not notice much difference between the RC 64 and the RC 7 with the Dean G X-over upgrade, I think it is a matter of opinion to which one sounds the best between those two.

That said, you would be hard press to hear the difference between the 3 speakers if they were not side by side.

However,they are a huge improvement over my RC 3.