Have KG 5.5 & KV 3 need rears and sub recommendations

bebeep

Hello,

I have been a Klipsch guy since 1987 and my first set of Kg-4s. I have recently pulled my KG 5.5s and KV 3 from storage and now I am looking for rears. I currently have a set of Klipsch Quintets for rears. I also have a set of Polk LS FXs I bought back in 96. Should I use the FXs and if not, what would be a good alternative? I was trying to stay smaller than the KG 3.5s, something I could mount on a stand.

I also have a KSW 12 subwoofer and am wondering if I should keep it or look at something else?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

looking for small...what about KSB 1.1s...they seem to be plentiful and should do nicely (but not a match) as rear speakers...mostly for movies...

as for Subs...if not the highly touted Klipsch Sub-12...I recommend HSU or Outlaw Audio (with a little help from Dr. Hsu) as I have used the LFM-1 with Heresys and with Quartets and an Academy and it meshed very well...the current LFM-1s are better still...

I have recently received KG 5.5s for a smaller Home Theater and may use either KSP-S6s (there was a pair for sale here for around $300...GREAT price) or the KSB 1.1s for the rears...

Good Luck,

Bill

If you are watching ebay, then several models in the KG x.2 or KG x.5 series show up fairly often and should match well. The 1.2/1.5 model is a solid (heavy) bookshelf sized speaker, as are the somewhat larger 2.2/2.5s. Either would be great as rear speakers that will fit on stands. If you have to go even smaller, the KG .5 ("point five") is the smallest in that line, and sell on ebay for around $60-80/pr. Also, if you can find a 2.2V/2.5V (video shielded) it may be an even closer-matching center.I helped a friend set up a KG5.5 (LR) - 2.2V © - 1.2 ® home theater, and it sounds fantastic.