There's a patch panel in my future...

Mallette

I've had it. With my recording and other experimentation I am sick and tired of messing around behind my system trying to figure out what I did last and why. The PAW is tired of a 30 minute delay whilst I reconnect the DVD in place of MBS-6 in multi channel mode...etc, etc.

In only a couple of minutes I found a 64 patch RCA bay that appears to be well made and at about 335.00 quite reasonable. I am going to get one soon and connect each and every thing on the back of all my equipment to it, get a boatload of HOSA 12" patch cords, and label the front for every connection.

Having spent my early days in radio and audio production I recall just how convenient and easy it was once you had it all hooked up.

Dave

My experience in the old days was that quality patch panels were one item that was both inherently unimprovable and that did not usually use much value. I did not do a lot of research, but looking at the build quality of the one I located and mentally adding up the parts cost suggested that it was a reasonable deal.

When I actually do it I may do a bit more looking, as I am all for saving bucks for stuff you can actually HEAR.

If you have a good steer, send it my way...

Dave