I took the plunge today!

dowzup

Lured by the half off sale, I ordered two sets of earbuds from the online store today. Merry Christmas to me!

I bought the IMAGE X-10s and the Custom 3s. I've had other Klipsch products so I already know that the quality and value is huge. Reviews are sounding great for both, too. All my music on my 120gb Zune is in lossless format, so I expect to be thrilled. :)

However, I am a quadriplegic (long ago swimming accident) and don't have fine finger movement, so I'm not sure which will be easier to get in my ear with a good fit. If both are easy to use, I will keep both. I'll be seriously bummed if neither are practical for me, but let's hope that's not the case!

Happy Holidays all,

Joe

I grabbed some X-5 to go with my Custom 3s that I bought a while back and I think I screwed up and should have gone with the X-10. The sound is good but the extra size feels kind of heavy in my ears.

I would say the Image are super easy to get in and out and predict those will work best for you. Then again, the Custom 3s do hang over the ear and I find that mechanic to be a nice feature at times with any ear bud style headphone. I do know if I need to answer the phone the Image are much easier to get on/off but I think it's going to differ for each person.

I have the Image X-10 and bought my husband the Custom-3's on the sale. Hopefully they'll arrive very soon. It'll be fun to compare the 2. I imagine we'll be interchanging them depending on what we're doing but I know I'll likely be sticking to my Image. I have very sensitive ears to any pressure.

Well, the IMAGE X10s arrived at the office yesterday, and I returned from a conference today and put them in immediately. I am so glad I ordered these - they sound fantastic, fit perfectly and were pretty easy to insert. I'm catching tons of the subtleties in lossless songs. My test music is always Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" and Pink Floyd's "Young Lust/One of My Turns" because of all the background coolness each has. It was all there and PERFECT, imo.

The Custom 3s should arrive tomorrow for another test. I confess to having the idea that I would ship back the set I liked least, but if the C3s rock me, I'm keeping both. Klipsch speakers have always been in my home and I don't think I will ever let their earbuds go either.

Thank you, Klipsch, for a great sale. I'm glad I acted boldly and ordered both before it ran out!

Joe

The Custom 3's arrived so now we can compare them to the Image x10. I just did a prelim test (wasn't really in the mood for it and we all know you have to be in the right mood to do this stuff)..... but I was gleaning the custom 3's were louder than the Image coppers. First I thought the C3's were better then felt I'm hearing a volume difference issue. I only listened for a few short minutes. Is this about accurate to what others experienced? Volume differences?

The C3s arrived Thursday and it was my weekend "project" to not only give them a full listen but to also evaluate them against my IMAGE X10s. Had lots of word docs and spreadsheets to do for the office and music always helps me coast along as I tackle it.

The Custom-3s did not fit in my ears at first, so I followed that model of getting them inserted with a good tight seal while the guide wire was off to the side. Then I held the buds in place while a co-worker molded the guide wire up and over my ear. Now I can simply put them on by hanging them over the ears and pushing them (already pointing upward) right up the ear canal.

Sound is marvelous. I find the range from treble to bass considerably more distinct when compared to the X10s but they are not as comfortable. Then again, once in place, they don't appear to be at risk of losing seal or tumbling out. The X10s are wonderful, too. Perhaps not as 'beefy' in all sound range because of the itty bitty size of the earbud, but still very warm and soooooo gosh darn comfortable.

I'm satisfied with both and neither is leaving my hands :) Great products at a great sale price and my Christmas is complete!

Thanks all.

Dowzup - if switching back/forth between the two, did you notice the volume difference? Something at higher volume could sound 'better' just based on that.

I wish I could measure and figure out the difference in iPhone volume button clicks to run an accurate side by side test. Like how many db, etc. Trying to create an even playing field to more accurately judge between the 2.

It was pretty easy for me because i leave the volume setting on my Zune at 9 (of 20) when doing all testing. I don't think I could make it much more equivalent than that. At that volume, I thought the Custom 3s sounded a bit louder - but it just may have been the fuller spectrum I was experiencing.

joe

I bought the Image headphones as I was teetering on whether I thought they were worth the price. I caught the half off deal which really surprised me.

I like to think that I have a decent ear, but nothing like some of you audiophiles out there. I have to say that with the Image headphones, I am hearing things that I have never heard in songs that are 10, 20, 30 years old. It is like a new flavor, a new song.

I have no regrets spending the money.

I love reading about people on blogs, (usually on other blogs) where they don't think headphones over $20 are any better. But how would they know that sound could be so good if they hadn't heard it? Then they get their first taste of balanced armature technology, (high definition audio transducers), and their whole life changes. They hear thing like they have never heard them before. It is always such a surprise to them.

Now you can understand why sitting on a plane or bus for hours on end is a lot more pleasant. I now get to listen to my entire audio library whenever I want!

Both my wife and I really love our C3's, still working our the fit thing some but the sound is awesome. We've had them for a couple weeks now. Like most Klipsch products they are very revealing. I was astounded at the bass once I got a decent seal. I need to look into getting a portable IEM amp. Any recomendations? I have been looking at the Predator online. Well done Klipsch!!!!!!