• Recent Posts

• https://www.discogs.com/release/4624270-Electric-Light-Orchestra-Secret-Messages  
    • Another friend of mine, Glen McKay, from the 1970's... At the famous 'Rock Bowl' pool. That's my Bell and Howell 1/2 frame camera he's riding with.  
    • If I'm too lazy to have my wife turn up the volume, I don't deserve a remote!   J/K.....nice product.
    • Mark, I'm not using balanced inputs.   I looked into this when considering Cary 300SE which had balanced XLR inputs. I was considering using shorter speaker cables, and longer XLR input cables. The Cary engineer explained that the 300SE wasn't really a true balanced input design and consequently recommended NOT using long XLR cables.   Therefore, I don't see any advantage to using balanced input (adapters) with the Decware SE84 - unless of course, the source component you intend to use with it has balanced XLR outputs, and you are going to keep the cable length shorter (ie: normal 3ft, maybe up to 12ft max).   I just made my own jumper cables for mono operation with the same wire used for the speaker cables (stranded 12ga. oxygen-free Mogami)
    • Ah, with just a single neck guitar is just as impressive  
    • This almost makes my head hurt trying to comprehend how he is able to do this.    
    • Klipsch specifically mentioned not using products that contain wax on oiled wood finishes in the manuals from that era.  As I mention in the document, you can use those products with pleasing results, but you will no longer have an oiled wood finish appearance.  It's not what one should use if maintaining the original oiled wood appearance is the goal.  
    • Danish Oil contains varnish.  It polymerizes and essentially creates a sealed finish.  So, it will alter the appearance and type of finish.  It's a valid choice if that is what is desired.  However, it's not what one should use if maintaining the original oiled wood appearance is the goal.  
    • Selling a Creek OBH-10 Remote Volume Control. This unit is designed to add a remote control for volume up, down and mute, for a system that does not come with remote. It connects between a pre amp and amp or through tape loops of receivers, integrated amps... A great unit if you don't want to keep getting up to adjust the volume. From the manual: OVERVIEW: The function of the OBH-10 is to provide volume adjustment to your Hi-Fi system from your armchair, via infrared remote control. The unit consists of a passive volume potentiometer, with a motor connected to its control shaft and a two channel relay that can short the signal path to ground to mute it. A microprocessor control circuit can decode infra-red signals transmitted by a separate handset and translate them into commands that will activate the motorized potentiometer and muting relay. The OBH-10 is purely passive and does not introduce any gain or distortion into the signal path. It is therefore suitable to be inserted into the signal path of any piece of audio visual equipment with a suitable signal level. INPUT AND OUTPUT CONNECTION: The input and output connections are Phono (RCA) or Cinch type. These connections are suitable only for regular unbalanced signals (where the signal wire is normally shielded by an outer braid which is at ground potential). It can be connected to an integrated amplifier in the tape loop or between tape output and tape input (activated by selecting Tape monitor). It can also be fitted in the signal path between a preamplifier output and power amplifier input. The integrated amplifier or pre-amplifier's own volume control should then be pre-set to maximum to allow the OBH-10 to take full control of the volume. Alternatively, if the level is too high, set the amplifier's volume control to the maximum level you require and then only make level adjustments through the OBH-10's volume control. This will ensure a smoother range of adjustment. It is also possible to fit the OBH-10 between a source component, say a CD player output, and the amplifier's input, thereby remotely controlling only the source component's volume. Comes with box, remote and power supply. $275 shipped in the ConUS.        
    • OC71, thanks for the Cornwalls.  I am amazed at how good they sound.