• Recent Posts

• I have trouble listening to Tom Waits, but when others do his songs, they can be magical.   Rachael Price - I'm gonna take it with me.    
    • Word to the wise....don't wait 20 or 30 years like I did to do room treatments. It turned out to be one of the greatest improvements I ever made/did. I mean after all you have the best speakers..don't stop there. I f you have been talking with @mikebse2a3 by PM, I'm pretty confident he is giving the same advice..and more
    • beautiful Tabla solo by the revered Rimpa Siva    
    • Happy life of the novice... No piles here yet. 😉  
    • I just found a pair of seventy sevens in a box when I was going thru old stuff if you're in need...
    • These are walnut oiled.   The pie-shaped logo was used from the early 60's until the early 70's.  I don't have a solid confirmation of the latter date.
    • Woofer and Tweeters, I am in Wylie Texas. Shipping cost verses ebay b.s.  
    • Something in prog rock from 1972  Must be in sync with your mind Dave    Artist - Emerson, Lake & Palmer  ‘Title – Trilogy  
    • As far as the hissing sound- keep the amp on but shut off your source-CD, stream, MP3, whatever. If the sound disappears, it's your source device. Try it with all your sources to see if it's isolated to one or more sources.   If the sound remains even after all your source devices are turned off, then it's your amp, receiver, etc.   The reason you may hear the sound from the rear of the enclosure vs. the front is, the cavity of the enclosure acts like a horn itself, amplifying the sound. Since  you don't hear it from the front, I don't see anything to worry about.   As to the tweeters, you could disconnect the wires to the tweeter (pay attention which wire connected to which terminal so you can reconnect them properly) and put a voltmeter across the tweeter terminals. It should read roughly 8 ohms. If they read a very high number or no number at all, they're toast.   You could then connect your voltmeter, set to AC volts, and attach the leads to the wires you disconnected from the tweeter. A pair of clip leads really helps here. Play some music and watch the voltmeter. It should bounce all over the place in response to the music. Watch the numbers and turn up the volume. The numbers should go up. Cool, right? It means the signal is getting to the tweeters.