• Recent Posts

• It’s an example of what it will be, the photo is an earlier prototype. What will be given away is the final version before production. 
    • The one in the picture is a laboratory prototype, basically a current AL5 modified with the new components for testing.  It is one of the pair that we heard at the Chief Bonehead class back in March (https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/224127-chief-bonehead-class-spring-2024-new-iterations-of-the-la-scala-and-klipschorn-coming/).   The winner of the contest will get a pre-production pair.  Those are the pairs built to work out the steps in the production process before final production starts.  So, they will essentially be a production pair, just built under Roy's supervision.
    • The Lansing tournament has passed, with our team winning 60 and over triple A... Not bad, for a bunch of hockey players. 😊   Next up will be Knoxville, I will have room in the car to bring the F8 if anybody in the area is needing a great amp.
    • I thought I'd update my posts. I received the preamp back from the technician in Edmonton who replaced the majority of the caps and the stereo/mono and standby switches and I've been breaking it in for a week - probably about 30 hours on it ATM. The 12AX7 tubes are very strong 60s RCAs & Fischers and the 12AT7s are Brimars. I haven't touched the tubes that came with the VTL ST85 I purchased a couple of months ago and no idea how many hours are on them - nothing fancy - a mix of EH & JJ. The DV XV-1s was received back from a rebuild at VAS the next day. I'm running the cartridge into a Bob's Devices Sky 20 SUT into the MM phono section. Turns out the MC section was never finished in this one - it has the dip switches and inputs but there s/b a little wiring block on the back panel and it was never installed.   That gives me even more reason to think this was definitely some sort of prototype.   Turn the volume and it's whisper quiet until you hit about 1:00 o'clock then there's a small amount of hiss but for listening in my room 9:00 o'clock is plenty loud enough.   This thing is incredible. Biggest soundstage I've ever heard, esp width - at least as good as the ARC SP8 I owned years ago. While it's definitely a classic tube sound the separation between instruments and definition of them is stellar. At 63 likely this is end game for me baring a lottery win.    Cheers & happy listening.   Shawn
    • I have similar vintage La Scalas.   I built risers for my La Scalas to raise the tweeters to my ear level (at my main listening position). I haven’t been able to notice — or measure — any diminishment of the low end.  A popular mod is a DJK port. In addition to raising the La Scalas, it improves the low end response.
    • Is that the guy who was banned from the forum?  He was from California and always peddling RB-75s.
    • I have two Bill F Tuba HT subs.  They’re each 3 feet x 3 feet x 2 feet and weigh 150 pounds.  Absolutely nothing that I’ve ever owned or listened to compares to them for music or movies.
    • I don't think you would want to un couple the bass bin from the floor. If you have subs already doing low end duty it might be ok.
    • The room is odd shaped, I just listed the size for a rough description. there is an office in the back the sticks out, etc.