Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community

radiob

Regulars
  • Content Count

    520
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by radiob

  1. Dean, VAC is local to me, a freind of a freind works there, and he can buy their stuff below dealer cost. I can put you in touch if you wish.
  2. I have had good luck with the marantz stuff, you can pick up a good used one fairly cheap. I currently have a Rotel unit, it is the noiseyist deck I have ever heard. The marantz dvd 810 was a sweet ol deck.
  3. If they are new, airfare is low, fly to Idaho and buy them personally. Airfair is better than losing 3200 clamolas.
  4. it takes 600 wpc on the vmps, to equal the mighty paramours with the chorus 2s. But if it is accurate reproduction your looking for, none of the klipsch compare
  5. ---------------- On 12/13/2004 1:36:57 AM Piranha wrote: Sure are nice, aren't they? http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/jensenpio1.jpg" border=0> http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif"> http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif"> http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif"> ---------------- they would look cool strapped to my bottleheads....
  6. ---------------- On 12/13/2004 12:04:25 AM kenratboy wrote: Got the point across that POWERFUL sound does not come out of small speakers. If you want loud, clean music, you need big, powerful speakers. ] ---------------- How wrong you are.
  7. ---------------- On 12/13/2004 12:55:04 AM MrMcGoo wrote: Ric, Your RF-7s drop below 3 ohms in the bass frequencies. The increase in current required per Ohm's law means that a very good amp is needed to hear the full potential of the RF-7s in the bass frequencies. I used a 140 watt B&K outboard amp initially to improve performance over a 130 watt receiver. I currently use a 225 watt Sunfire that thrives on low impedances. Every step up in power improved the bass response with the Sunfire by far being the biggest improvement. In my opinion, tubes are impractical in a multi-channel home theater. Bill ---------------- [/blockquote Bill, are you using your sunfire with a tube pre amp?
  8. The Origin Live Resolution 1, with the Illustrious tonarm has impressive reveiws, however my budget wont allow for a new one, and havent seen any used yet. I want a deck/arm that I can use my shelter 901 on, with excellent results.
  9. congradulations Amy, He is a handsome little fellow.
  10. check out the vmps larger subs, you could buy a pair for around 1000.00 clamolas.
  11. Cary SLM 100 3 Mono Blocks, set for 2300 on a'gon now. They do sound sweet, I listend to a pair at the local sound gallery on a set of Nola Pegasus speakers,incredibly huge and life-like presentation.
  12. In your opinion whats the best deck/arm combo (no cartridge) in the 3000.00 range?
  13. ---------------- On 12/12/2004 4:47:56 PM DeanG wrote: The Threshold stuff was/is excellent. I wasn't aware you didn't have a power amp to run with it yet. I think I would pass on what was offered you, I have a feeling it's one of these. KT88 Mono Amps KT88 x 2 5AR4 x 2 12FQ7 x 2 KT88 Series II Mono Amps KT88 x 2 5V4 x 1 12FQ7 x 2 Craig ended up with a set of "KT-88 Mono Amps" on his bench and said they were awful. Bad from the measuring end as well as the listening end. These monoblocks immediately followed the 8417's in Sander's production history. Later amps like the Silver 90's, M-80's, M-60's, and Silver 60's -- all supposedly sounded pretty sweet. So, what's the upper limit of your budget -- these just popped up: http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstube&1108067607 ---------------- [/blockquo cool.
  14. ---------------- On 12/10/2004 2:41:36 AM bclarke421 wrote: ---------------- On 12/8/2004 6:02:50 AM radiob wrote: Ithe goldring erotica is about as good as you can tweek out of the table. ---------------- Don't folks charge by the minute for that kind of thing? File under "Funny typos".... ---------------- I also keep the turntable coated with B.L.O., a tweek that has been around for years.
  15. ---------------- On 12/9/2004 10:22:27 PM kjohnsonhp wrote: I"ve been traveling for work...but I am interested. Here are my concerns... 1. The 7 has a moving coil cart you say...so I assume I need a step up device as my pre-amp is MM ready only...I will need to find out how much that costs. 2. How is the cartridge? I've seen needles bent where they ride low or crooked,etc. I've I don't need a new needle then it does seem very attractive....also what is the reply to NOS Valves question about hours,handling, condition of lps,etc....I can assume good things but need to verify. 3.Shipping cost? 4. Any damage to note...ie cracked top, chipped plinth,etc....would assume not Regards, Ken ---------------- [/blockquote 1. it has a high output moving coil, it will work with a preamp for a mm cart. 2. the cartridge is the factory unit, I have the receipt for the TT and you can verify that it was purchased from scsoundgallery in sept of this year. You can e-mail them at www.scsoundgallery.com they know me very well, they are my local high end retailer. I paid 1250 for the unit w tax. 3. the albums which I play are all new, purchased from Music Direct, I would guess unit has 100 hours on it at the most.I will check into shipping cost, the best thing would be, for me to tape the arm in position, find a double box that the unit can fit in assembled, then weigh it for ship cost. I would guess that shipping w insurance couldnt exceed 50 bucks, but I will check. If you want the original box, e-mail scsoungallery, and they can ship it to you. I left it there when I purchased it, and they do still have it, and they will send it to you if you want it.
  16. no, Im not joking. You can find used silver streaks for 200 a pair, and 8tc used for around 200 a 10 ft pair, probobly 650 bucks would fix you up, if you shop right. I have some extra pairs I would consider selling for 175.00 pr.
  17. ---------------- On 11/9/2004 1:45:12 PM Dre wrote: Hey everyone, Trey gave me the heads up that this thread was alive on the forum so I thought I would put my coin in the coin-purse. I am Andre LaRouche I havent posted much, mostly cause I was busy designing the Synergy line that just launched at BBY. I am the Acoustic Design Engineer for the synergy launch team. Anyway, I think that trey is right that you need to get out and give them a listen before you pass judgement, because they really are above and beyond the products on the BBY show floor. I personally feel that by putting this product out there we increased the name recognition, without sacrificing quality and performance. In no way are these a cheap value product. They will be the open the door for new customers in reference and heritage products. I am very excited to see how they stir up the market. Thanks. Andre LaRouche Acoustic Design Engineer andre.larouche@klipsch.com ----------------------------------------------------------------- Denon AVR-3805 Denon DVD-1910 Klipsch F3 Synergy Floorstanders, Klipsch B3 Synergy Bookshelves Klipsch RC-7 Center Channel Klipsch RS-7 Surrounds Klipsch THX Subs ----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------- Just a couple of years ago, you had to seek a hi-end shop to listen and purchase a Klipsch product. You usually delt with a local owner/salesman of a fine shop, such as Classic Stereo, Sound Exchange,Altronics, etc. The salesman/owner was very helpful and usually an adiouphile himself, ahh the good old days. But then again Paul Klipsch used to sign the back of is anniversary K-Horns, The good old days. Everyone sells out sometime.
  18. here you guys go, 20s,and 30s,check them out http://www.hifigi.com/klipsch/klipsch.htm
  19. So what's up? Al says he didn't build those? ---------------- "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts" Albert Einstein
  20. Did you notice a reduction of midrange?
×
×
  • Create New...