My Klipsch Chorus I Speakers

jonis4

Was wondering if anyone has ever had a pair of crossovers built by CritesSpeakers? Looking to replace my Chorus crossovers and came across his website. He also has some high titanium diaphragm's for my highs and was wondering if anyone has used these. Can anyone give me feedback for Crites Speakers? I talked with him on the phone and he seemed like a nice guy and knew what he was talking about but just want to see here if anyone had done business with them before. His crossovers look pretty nice and go to the traditional feel of a wood board instead of the plastic board on the back of the terminal bay which as a Old School speaker enthusiast I can fully appreciate.

Any information someone might have for me would be much appreciated.

Thanks...

Bob Crites and his son Michael are members here and Klipsch lovers (BEC is his screen name)...I have had many crites crossovers AND the titanium diaphragms from him and always found his advice top notch, his prices fair and his products outstanding...2 pair of Heresys (Xovers), 1 pair of Quartets(Xovers and Titanium Diaphragms), 1 pair of Quartets (Titanium diaphragms), 1 Pair of KG 5.5s (Titanium diaphragms)...buy with confidence...Xovers bring the speakers back to original spec and I have found the Titanium diaphragms have opened up the top end a little bit and cleared up a little harshness...

Bill

Ditto. I've replaced most of my K-77's with his CT-125 tweeters, couple pairs of his CW-1526 woofers, and the majority of my crossovers are by BEC. I also have several pairs of custom crossovers (A/4500's and E/4500's). Superb work; excellent quality & sound, very, very fair prices, and extremely helpful in answering questions. You cannot go wrong with BEC rebuilds, components, etc

Wow thanks for the information and piece of mind. Yeah I went ahead and ordered them this morning and I am so excited to get my babe'Z back up to par if not a little better. I have quite a story that goes way back to the military with these speakers which is where I originally bought them at a Base Exchange in Heidelberg, Germany. Since then it is somewhat like a Forest Gump story, like saving them from flood waters as I had them suckers held high above my head as the water was up to my chest (89lbs. whew). Have been homeless twice when I was a bit younger and those Klipsch had a home even when I froze cold on winter nights astray in the brrrr... Just so many memories with them and still they are near perfect condition... :)

So when it came down to it I simply could not bring myself to put them up on ebay like I have seen others do. They are probably the only thing I have left that I purchased while in the Military before I went to Desert Shield and Storm and unlike the Jerry Springer women in my life they have always been there for me..lol

Anyways.. thx again folks for your input and I look forward to reading through the forums here and becoming a member here of the Klipsch Community Forums.