recommendation: good center channel match for kg 4.2s

billg4me

Just stumbled across the Klipsch forums while googling some information to find a good center channel match for my kg 4.2s. The forums have been great to read as I haven't stayed up on things in the last 10 years with job/kids/all.

I'm assembling the pieces for my HT which at this moment includes a Sony 55" 1080P DLP, Denon 2808CI and my kg 4.2s.

Looking at the Klipsch web site, my first thought was to avoid any center channels with metallic woofers thinking they might be brighter than my 4.2s. Next thought was to consider the crossover frequency of the 4.2 vs. the center - although I'm not sure if this is too significant. With that said, my initial logic narrows it down to the VC-25, C-2, and WC-24. The VC-25 and C-2 seem to be a good fit with the 5.25" woofers vs. the 4.5" for the WC-24 thinking that the 4.2s wouldn't drown out the WC-24.

Any comments to help me narrow my search would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bill G.

Welcome to the forum.

A proper timber match for your KG 4.2 will be the KG 1.2V or the KG 2.2V both are discontinued so it might take awhile to find a good one and one that is close to you.

As far as mixing the series to find a good matching center for your KG 4.2 I can't help you on that. Maybe someone else will chime in with some help.

James

I was using a KV 2 with a pair of KG 5.2s in front and 3.2s in the rear and it sounded good. I'd offer to sell it but I've got a deal going right now for all the speakers I just mentioned. I've heard the KV 1 was a little weak for larger speakers so bear that in mind. I guess all I can offer is the KV 2 did ok with KG 5.2s. I ended up buying an Academy which lead to a pair of Forte IIs up front but for the money I had into the orignal system I really wonder if I wasn't better of with the KG/KV setup I had. Great for the money!

Thanks for all the comments in finding a center channel speaker for my KG 4.2s. I decided to give the KV-2 a go.

The link to the heritage Klipsch speakers is a bit obscure, so I've included them below for future reference.

KG 4.2 - http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/kg-4-2.aspx

KG 2.2V - http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/kg-2-2v.aspx

KV-2 - http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/kv-2.aspx

Bill G.