Anyone have a RX-V3900 or RX-V1900

Jack Gvozdjak

I returned a SC 05 due to an power issue. I was going to exchange it for another SC 05 but decided to demo the Denon 3308 against the SC 07. I found the Denon to be better sounding then the SC 07 especially when it came to vocals. The salesman recommend the RX-V3900 which they didn't have ondisplay and had to special order it to the store. I did manage to get $400 off it for some reason...i.e. $1499 compaired to $1899.

Anyone have any opinions on the RX-V1900 or RX-V3900? I'm still temped to cancel the order and just get the Denon 3308, but the Yammy has more current features, just home the sound is just as good or better.

Thanks!

I recently purchased the Yamaha RX-V1800 which is very similar to the 1900 minus a few new features. It replaced a Pioneer Elite VSX-49tx and I have no complaints. The YPAO room eq is amazing and simple to use. The Yamaha also has excellent HDMI switching that works quickly and the video takes but a second to switch from one source to the next. I read some horrific reviews about some receivers having lag with their HDMI switching, i.e. hearing audio long before the video or vice versa. In addition the Yamaha is very refined in both build quality, sound and overall use. Not once has the receiver exhibited any noise during switching or locking on a digital signal. The remote is simple and easy to use and the receiver barely gets warm during long sessions. The Yamaha really shines on two channel in Pure Direct mode and it's excellent processing, coupled with the YPAO room eq makes for downright thrilling surround sound. Yamaha is famous for their DSP and digital technology and their current receivers are simply amazing in that regard. The best surround sound receiver or processor that I have owned. Highly recommended! [Y] [Y] [:)]

• Moderators

I too own the RX-V1800 and love it. For HT, it is phenomenal. I just watched Kung Fu Panda and it sounded absolutely amazing with the RF-83's. For 2ch, it is very musical and has plenty of power to drive them. This is definitely the best receiver I have ever owned. As mentioned, there is no lag in video switching, few seconds with no snags. I have not looked at the 1900 or the 3900 but if they are anything like the 1800, I believe you will be pleased.

I have the RX-V3900, and it's a very powerful receiver, no complaints yet, but I haven't used it much yet.

Here's a thread full of information about it: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1058341

Pros:

4 HDMI Inputs / 2 Outputs

XM/Sirius Compatible

Networkable

GUI Interface / Volume over HDMI

2 Remotes (Large and small one)

Cons:

Seems to have problem with some Motorola digital tv boxes, the resolution resets itself everytime you power off the reciever.

That's about the only bad thing I seem to be reading about it.