looking for receiver

shortstack31489

so i sold my onkyo 606 to my friend i am looking for a pretty good receiver...the room is 2300 cubic ft, is dolby true hd and dts mas really that important? i had it on the 606 and i didnt tell much of a difference in true hd and standard dolby digital...if its not worth it i can get a better deal on a good receiver just used for audio

i know i keep flip-flopping back and forth on what i want...i found an older pioneer receiver i really liked...its the pioneer elite vsx-82txs receiver...its a little older and only supports hdmi 1.2 but it has some excellent reviews...has anyone ever had any experience with this receiber? and another question will my 1.3 devices play through this receiver just fine?

From reading about it on "Wikipedia" you would only get the function of the 1.2 to your devices. So anything that the 1.3 allows to use you will not be able to do it, like DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD.

In this link you will see the differences between the 1.2 and 1.3 and what can and can't be done, it is about at the mid point of the page and labeled "HDMI version".

James

i have the 805. i paid a little more than what you found for it now. i also bought it back in november. i think i am the only one who didn't like it from the start. i had some problems but they unded up being "operator error" now if you are running a 7.1 and want to also use 12v trigger, you will have to do a work around, but i don't know what you intend to do. that was my biggest headache. i ended up fixing the problem, so now i like it. sounds good, HT movies sound great, lots of bass, seems to be very clear. overall for $450 i don't think you can beat it.

just my 2cents.