Wireless Rear speakers

x97lyons

I know the audiophiles are going to hat this but I was wondering if anyone has tried one of those wireless rear speaker kits that allow you to use your own rear speakers. My family room is on a concrete slab. It has a vaulted ceiling that makes it very difficult to run speaker wire and in one direction a large fireplace and the other direction has 2 large doorways. Running speaker wires to rear speakers is seeming almost impossible. I was wondering if anyone had tried the wireless rear speaker kits. I was thinking about getting some KG 1.2's for rears and was wondering what everyone thinks of this plan.

• 4 months later...

Don't know if you tried anything yet, but a friend and I went out and got a Rocketfish for his home yesterday. Very simple set up and seemed to work fine. Granted he has a el cheapo Panasonic set up but the Rocketfish worked great. Doesn't give any details as to wattage but it put out plenty of sound for his HT set up. His room is plenty deep, I had to turn down the volume a bit on the rears. One nice thing about it I thought was that it has a 100 ft range. So I think you could use it outside if you wanted for a party. The transmitter is very small and the receiver isn't all that big 6" x 10" maybe. Bestbuy had it for $109 and it has a 30 day trial, so if you don't like it you can take it back. The salesman said he had only one returned so its worth a shot.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8275528&type=product&id=1171058476489&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8275528

Audioholic review....

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/lifestyle-desktop-and-portable/rocketfish-wireless-rear-speaker-kit

What I'd love to see is a wireless solution that simply sends a line level output, in which you could hook up your own amplifier to the reciever, instead of using some sqeakbox of an amplifier that these kits typically has in the reciever unit. It would be easy enough (assuming you have the appropriate electral socket near your rears), to remote a small mono-block type amp for each surround (such as this Outlaw Audio M2200 monoblock) that you want to connect wirelessly (thus only needing a short run of physical speaker wire from that particular amp to the speaker itself). In my case, I already have the surrounds on a shelf - might as well stick a small monoblock amp back there as well, along with the wireless reciever.