New center and surround options for Ref-7's

RickZler

Hi All:

I have a pair of Ref-7's and never got around to setting up a home theather surround sound system. I bought a new A.V.R. that has all the lastest codecs from D.D. and D.T.S. and was wondering if the RC-64CH would play nice with my Ref-7's as a center channel speaker. I also would probably go with 2 RS-62 surround speakers. My room is only 15 X 25 with an opening into a kitchen on one side and a dining room with vaulted ceilings just to the left of the kitchen on the same side. The room has a oriental throw 8 X 8 and the rest of the rooms have wood flooring. Unfortunately I have the T.V. on the long wall so I sit facing one of the 25 foot walls instead of the 15 foot wall which would give me much more room behind me. As of now the seating is only 8.5 -10.0 feet from the screen. In this case it would be impossible to run a true 7.1 set-up since the rears are recommended to be placed 3 to 6 feet behind you and my couch is against the wall. Do you think that the speaker set-up mentioned above is to much for such a small room and will the RC-64CH sound decent with my Ref-7's or is the timber match way off? Any help with this information would be great. I posted a similiar thread yesterday but left out a lot of details that I have included in this one. Thanks very much in advance.

RickZler

I have an idea. Buy Youthman's cherry RC-7. It is not officially for sale yet but many forum members are trying to persuade him to sell it so he can buy a cherry RC-64 before they are no longer available. He has a pair of cherry RF-83's and he needs the matching center.

Sorry Youthman I am not making this any easier for you.

Bill

• Moderators

I have an idea. Buy Youthman's cherry RC-7. It is not officially for sale yet but many forum members are trying to persuade him to sell it so he can buy a cherry RC-64 before they are no longer available. He has a pair of cherry RF-83's and he needs the matching center.

Sorry Youthman I am not making this any easier for you.

You guys are terrible man. I can't fight the pressure!!!!!! LOL. To clarify, my RC-7 is black, not cherry. My 83's are cherry and I eventually want to get the matching RC-64. If Klipsch hadn't made the decision to discontinue the cherry version, we would not be having this conversation. As stated, I have not made the decision to sell mine but if you are interested, I'm at least open to the possibility of selling it. I'm going to check with an A/V friend to see if he can get the cherry RC-64 and what he can get it for. PM me if you are interested in my RC-7.

Sorry Youthman. Wrong info on the color wood. I knew it was black but inadvertantly typed cherry. Sorry about the peer pressure. Aren't we trying to instill in our kids not to succumb to peer pressure? You probably didn't know it was so hard to resist even ant your age and my age.

I personally want to jump on one of the cherry 64 deals before it is too late. I need a commitment from someone to buy my RC-62(and the blessing from my wife) before I take the plunge. In case you are interested, here is an authorized dealer selling the cherry RC-64 for $599.99.

http://www.wwstereo.com/betaDev/#/ecommerce/store/Speakers/33/144482/9_1_11_8__0_0_0_-1/

Bill