Recommend a multimeter to set bias

TheEvan

Shoot, now I'm looking at the instructions and I'm finding them just a touch hazy to my utterly non-tech mind. This is a NOS Valves rebuild.

It looks like the DC bias balance adjust pots are back by the transformers. Then the DC bias voltage pots are on the back to the right of the speaker lead blocks. If I'm right so far, then what are those 2 pots closer to the preamp tubes?

" If I'm right so far, then what are those 2 pots closer to the preamp tubes?"

Email NOSValves to be sure....but trim pots in the pre-amp circut, espeacially in the driver stage is a hum pot. A hum pot fine tunes the signal betwen both sides of a PP amplifer to adjust cancellation of hum. You normally would never ever want to mess with the hum pot.

" If I'm right so far, then what are those 2 pots closer to the preamp tubes?"

Email NOSValves to be sure....but trim pots in the pre-amp circut, espeacially in the driver stage is a hum pot. A hum pot fine tunes the signal betwen both sides of a PP amplifer to adjust cancellation of hum. You normally would never ever want to mess with the hum pot.

Well not really...... those pots are AC Balance pots to equalize the AC signal entering each output tube in the channel. There purpose is to limit distortion not hum.

As far as a meter any basic modern digital multi meter should do the trick. It it can measure the voltage of a AA, AAA, C or D battery it can be used to bias the amp. Nothing fancy or expensive required.

Craig