Looking for a center for the new KG 5.5

convicted21

• 2 weeks later...

For those of us that have large front speakers, and wives who don't like having a large speaker over the TV. Or there is usually less room over/under the tv. Since your 2.5's are basically center speaker size, you've got it made. I believe a kg 2.2 would work for you as well.

for those of us running the KG 5.5s for Home Theater...there is no listed "Center" speaker for our series...the KV-4 might be a nice match but it was made for the EPIC series (CF-4s and such)...the KLF-C7 that I am running with my KG 5.5s sounds nice too but it was designed for the LEGEND series (IIRC) like the KLF-30s and such...the KV-3 might not be bad but I wouldn't go smaller...a KG 5.5 would be a direct match but you battle with its great size...I am doing just fine with mine right now...good luck with yours...

Bill

I got a KV3 with my Forte II's so thats what im currently running with them. Although a larger driver (kv4 or 5) might be nice im pleased with the smaller sibling for now atleast :)

If you ever come across an Academy, that's the matching center for Fortes. A KV-4 would be a definite upgrade over a KV-3 and a KV-5 doesn't exist. [;)]

For those of us that have large front speakers, and wives who don't like having a large speaker over the TV. Or there is usually less room over/under the tv. Since your 2.5's are basically center speaker size, you've got it made. I believe a kg 2.2 would work for you as well.

This may sound trivial but if i get lucky enough to pick up another pair of KG 2.5's and use one of them as my Center, the Klipsch Badge will not be centered and at the bottom, it will be sideways and off to one side. Is there any way to move the badge?

Yes, it can be moved. If I recall correctly, most badges are glued on fairly lightly, and can be pulled off gently without damaging the grill cloth. Some badges may be affixed with the military-style button "clamps' on the back. I have repositioned ones using only double-sided scotch tape. although some type of glue could work as well.