Teac X-2000r...X-1000r.

oldenough

I'm hoping some of the experts can tell me what the major differences are between these two decks. Is the X-1000r just as good performer. Someone in my town is selling one for what seems a very good price, and will probably be cheaper than me having to send my X-2000r for servicing.

What I've gathered, the most significant thing is the heads. I've read that the X-2000R heads are much more durable and last far longer than the X1000R. There are some other electronic bells and whistles on the X-2000R that are not on the X1000R.

I recently bought a nice used X1000R, and am now experiencing some problems with tape transport, and this seems to be a fairly common problem with this dual-capstan belt driven setup. I believe both the 2000 and 1000 series use the same capstan drive system.

The X2000R sells for far more than a X1000R on e-Bay, and I believe it would be worth putting the money into repairing it. Just my 2 cents.

• Moderators

I have an X-1000R, you will be very happy with it. The X-2000 does indeed have different heads, but it also came in differenct variations, high speed, etc.

What is the cost of reprair to X-2000 you have? What is the problem(s) with. About what can you get the X-1000 for? What part fo the country are you located in?

Travis

Thanx for the input..The x-2000r that I have is fine mechanically but I am having a problem with recording I have to turn the levels all the way up and even then it's broken up and distorted. The main problem is that I have nobody locally to service it, I would prefer NOT to ship it. The X-1000r that is for sale locally is $350 I believe that is a good deal.

• Moderators

Thanx for the input..The x-2000r that I have is fine mechanically but I am having a problem with recording I have to turn the levels all the way up and even then it's broken up and distorted. The main problem is that I have nobody locally to service it, I would prefer NOT to ship it. The X-1000r that is for sale locally is $350 I believe that is a good deal.

$350.00, if it is in good cosmetic and working condition is an excellent deal.

Travis