SS-1 Surround Speaker with Forte II?

carbon summit

We have a nearly identical setup. I just sold my RS-3's, which are the big brother to the SS-1's. I thought the RS-3's sounded really good but I wanted to upgrade to a larger speaker for the surrounds and for multi-channel music. I think the technology in these speakers works well for surround in movies but if you want to use them for multi-channel music you may be happier with a non-WDST design.

For a very brief period of time I had a pair of SS.5 surrounds and they sounded very small if that makes sense. When I upgraded to RS-42s I could tell a huge difference. I think the dual woofer and dual tweeter design gives them a lot more of a presence - they can really output a wide range of sound and do so quite loudly.

I'd go at least SS-1s if not higher up just to keep up with the dynamic range of your Fortes.

I've read a litte about WDST and wonder if anyone has tried SS-1s? They seem to sell pretty cheap (which if its true you get what you pay for is true may be an answer in itself) so I figure it may be worth a try unless someone has had experence and know it to be a bad idea.

I had the SS-1's and sold them to buy the RS-7's. There is a world of difference. The RS-7 will do well with HT or music. As stated elsewhere, I have tried other Klipsch on the sides and prefer the 7's. It's worth the extra money.