Those with Denon receivers, which surround mode do use usually use?

superedge88

I have been usually using the DTS Neo surround sound mode on my Denon receiver, what is your favorite mode and why?

Same here with auto switching to DD/DTS. No particular reason, I do 2 channel with the McIntosh. When I had to use the Denon for 2 channel I use the Discreet stereo and everything in the unit (lights, processing, etc) is OFF.

Is there a setting that I have to change to turn on the automatic switching, will my Denon tell me on its display that it is in DTS mode instead of standard Pro Logic II ?

If you are in PLII, and you start playing a dts source, the display should switch automatically. If it doesn't, you aren't getting dts. Check the settings on your DVD player, etc and make sure it is set to bitstream over a optical, digital coax, or hdmi connection.

Yep sometimes we overlook the obvious. Does the soruce material have it available? Is source set to output the signal? Is it being transmitted over a connection that will accommodate it? Is the processor able to 'sense' it and not be locked into some other format?