Off the deep end- Heritage HT system

winchester21

Picking up the last piece of the puzzle tomorrow at Cigarbums place. At LAST I am finished buying speakers

Picking up a pair of Lascalas to get one for a center.

Anybody need a lascalla for a center channel..please......??????

I am finished now...really I am... honest.

I told you I could quit any time............

I do not have a problem

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lascala center is Now. Hooked up to the 3 channel Carver 250 WPC A753. I popped in my Eagles- Hell Freezes Over - -DVD and OMG!!!!! The system was ridiculious before... even with the RC 64 horn mismatch..... but now with the center lascalla matching up with the k horn fronts...OMG!!!!!!! So now I have 7 heritage speakers driven by 1450 watts of sepatate amp power and a RWS -15 sub in a 14 x 25 room. Overkill???? Just maybe. I really did not expect this much difference from the lascala center but I was wrong. This is exactly what I envisioned and hoped for when I started this crazy project. No floor noise- No distortion that I can hear- No dead spots in the room- No nothing. The speakers absorb and thrive on all of this power through the HT reveiver( pre out)- The louder the volume -the better it sounds. The sounds are coming form all areas of the room and it is difficult to detect which speaker is doing what. I had feared that I would miss the helicopters flying over and the bullets zinging across the room that I had with my reference system- but guess what-- they are there!!!

Everybody is prejudiced toward their stuff and what they like/have.. but quire honestly.. I have never heard an HT system that sounded any better than this one..regardless of price. The downside is .. I am like the dog that has caught the car that he was chasing.. what do you do now??? I could maybe find some Mac/Sunfire 7 cnannel 300 WPC monstrosity where all the amp sources were the same??? Would it make any difference that i could hear?? I doubt it.I think that this system is a the point of diminishing returns where you have to spend huge amounts of cash to make any difference..

On to the next challenge of bringing my 2 channel stuff up to par.

• Moderators

The downside is .. I am like the dog that has caught the car that he was chasing.. what do you do now???

It's ashame that you'll have to settle for actually sitting down and enjoying what you have. Your punishment is well deserved. [:P] Congrats on the new purchase. So I'm assuming the RC-64 will be up for sale soon?

I think you are right about the diminishing return. Love what you've got, no need to search for something better. If it's phenomenal now, why mess with it? Kick back, chill out and enjoy the ride!

Thanks- good advice-except that I am Klipschsick. JK- I am leaving it alone.

The RC 64 was gone the second that I mentioned looking for a lascala center. Waiting list. People sending me links to Cl with lascallas so they could get a shot at buying it. Imagine that!!!! The new owner will be very happy. Killer center.

Davisindy- The Cornwalls are KILLER surrrounds. They dont take up much space and they sound phenomonial- 700.00 for a decent pair. You can also play with the large setting on your Ht reciever with their bass response.I highly reccomend them.