Hooking up Heresy's to subwoofer

Morton

Hi Friends,

Haven't been here in a while. I have a pair of Heresy's and I recently picked up a Klipsch SW-10 II subwoofer.

What crossover settings are best? Seems it's a little annoying with a boomy sound. I was trying 80 hz and 120 hz but thinking of going lower.

Anyone have any experince with these so I can have all speakers blend together nicely. I'm using a Scott 299C tube amp to drive the system.

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks for a response. I never had a subwoofer before, but I think the Heresy's need one. I want it to blend so I don't get any seperation of sound and just have that nice bottom end. Trying 80Hz. What alternative could improve an easier meld - 120Hz or 60Hz. Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks,

Bob

Well, you don't want a gap between where the Heresy's stop giving an acceptable db output of base and where the Sub-Woofer takes over - that point should be the approximate setting on the sub. With a bit of overlap... If you set the Sub too low, you get a gap where no driver is maintaining an acceptable Level of bass.

If the Heresy is really starting to lack bass output at , say, 80Hz (mine did around there) then you would want the sub to take over at 70 - 80 Hz or so...

My best setting was 80Hz for the short time I had Heresy's running with a KSW-10.

If you got BOOM, lower your volume, and / or change room placement of the sub.

Noah

Noah nailed it...I had an all Heresy Home Theater and I too used 80Hz...I know the Heresys go lower (especially the origianl Heresys) but they are struggling a bit...crossover at 80Hz and if you do get boominess...lower the volume on the sub...it should pick up where the Heresy leaves off and you shouldn't notice anythng but increased bass...akin to the relay racer passing off the baton...seemless without a stumble...enjoy!

Bill

Just getting back to my question. Thanks Noah and Bill. Still looking for room placement and the right setting. Seems polarity on this SW 10 makes a difference too. I'll stick to the 80hz and lower volume and see if that works. I'll move it to another spot if that doesn't work. Thanks again

Hi Friends,

Haven't been here in a while. I have a pair of Heresy's and I recently picked up a Klipsch SW-10 II subwoofer.

What crossover settings are best? Seems it's a little annoying with a boomy sound. I was trying 80 hz and 120 hz but thinking of going lower.

Anyone have any experince with these so I can have all speakers blend together nicely. I'm using a Scott 299C tube amp to drive the system.

Thanks,

Bob

How do I determine the sub setting on a pair of KLF-20's.

KLF-20 Specifications

frequency response 34Hz-20kHz±3dB
power handling 200 watts maximum continuous (800 watts peak)
sensitivity 100dB @ 1watt/1meter
nominal impedance 8 ohms
crossover frequency HF 7,000 Hz
LF 750 Hz

In applying the OP's question of 80-120 Hz and the resultant suggestions to use 80 Hz as the sub setting, how can I apply that same deductive logic to my KLF's.