Good news... Bad news....

j-malotky

The good news…. Last week I ordered my new 1080P projector.
I bought a Optoma HD806 for $1795 !!!!
With the size of my theater and screen I really need 2000 lumens.

The bad news…… While watching a family movie Saturday night,
the screen goes black! I took a look at
the blinking light on the projector, looked up the blink code and my power
supply went bad.[:(]

Talk about timing!

I had my Sharp PG-M20X since 2002, it was on its 3rd
bulb, so I really can’t complain.

JM

My screen is Da-lite 69" x 120" grey.

I have pics on Damon's klipshcorner.com.

Prices have gone down a lot. I think the list on this projector was $5K last year. There are a bunch of 1200 lumen projectors out there that have been in the under $2000 range over this last year, but that is not enough light for my big screen. It has only been the last few months since the brighter projectors have dropped into my price point.

JM

The bad news…… While watching a family movie Saturday night, the screen goes black! I took a look at the blinking light on the projector, looked up the blink code and my power supply went bad.Sad

Talk about timing!

I can relate . Back in October I purchased a Pioneer plasma online . It arrived broken ; cracked panel . 4 weeks to the day later I received the replacement . Sooo , I wanted to break the plasma in properly . I put the old Samsung DLP next to it on my audio rack . The plasma sits on my center Belle . Along the lines of I couldn't make this up if I tried the bulb on the DLP pops 4 hours after I had the plasma up and running . I still gave the new plasma a proper break in , no bars or tickers for the first 150 hours but it would have been easier and faster if I had the old DLP to watch tv while the plasma was doing it's thing .

Do you guys who have 1080p projectors watch your HDTV TV programs at 720p?

Keep in mind as I have red 10000 times...so it must be true, right, off of the net..LOL 720p- 1080i is all you will see off of broacast progrmming in HDTV.

When u go back from Blu Ray movies do you feel ripped off?

I still feel dialed in at 720p it is pretty swesome!!

Good Buy JM

indy,

i don't have a projector, but i do have a 720p plasma. i feel the same way. my picture looks very good with cable and very very good with regular dvd's. in fact the people i had over thought i had a 1080p tv. i felt all warm and fuzzy inside.....lol

or it just may be all the power shielded connectors.....and cat 6 cables.....

Keep in mind as I have red 10000 times...so it must be true, right, off of the net..LOL 720p- 1080i is all you will see off of broacast progrmming in HDTV.

When u go back from Blu Ray movies do you feel ripped off?

I still feel dialed in at 720p it is pretty swesome!!

Good Buy JM

Actually... I am one of those odd people who do not own cable. I do have a HDTV recever plugged into this system. My over the air is a mix of 720P and 1080i stations. I really do not watch much TV. The receiver is used by the kids once and a while. I will be watching Blu Ray and upscaled DVD off of my HTPC.

I was thinking about going 720 but since I have a huge screen ( 120" x 68" ) I went 1080.

I had to cancel my original order. Idiots finally admited I was on an eternal back order list. Crappy discount sellers. Over the weekend I ordered my new projector from projectorpeople.com. UPS tracking says it will be here on Thursday.

I will have a party in a few weeks once I get it dialed in if anyone wants to see this and my new custom built Heresy surround speakers. I will post pictures one of these days.....

JM

I think our Satellite receiver outputs all the HD stuff at 1080i. What I'm not crazy about is that I can see compression artifacts if I look for them, but it's not often that I watch TV in the theater room.