Any interest in trading LPs?

Chicago_Pete

Wanted to run this idea by you guys before putting a lot of time into it.
I have a bunch of LPs (easily over 500) that I will never listen to.

So here is what I was thinking.

I post these in lots of 5 LPs, a nice fit for the mailers I just bought.
I will try to keep the lots in the same genre and post a scan of the actual cover.
No way am I typing all of this info:)
Forum member speaks up for a particular lot of 5, I pay the postage and ship them.
If all is good, send me back ANY 5 Rock or Blues LPs.
I have not inspected all of this music.
If any of the LPs I ship are mutts, scratched up or whatever, throw them out, I get zero in return.
If 3 are worthy, only send me 3.
Really nothing to lose on your end and no reason to complain.

Can it work, who's in?

Posted Image

Did you want Goodwill to come to your joint and haul them away? Or did you try to drop them off (go to the rear of the building and drive over the rubber hose and a bell inside the store will sound). The workers are always glad when I donate records so it really strikes me peculiar your experience so different than mine.

Funny you mention that - I have a collection of old 78's that I pull out occasionally and fire up an old portable victrola that I have, stuff a sock on the horn and spin through that include a bunch of old, and I mean old, classical music - I have an Enrico Caruso album (singing "Vesti la giubba" no less), and a Nellie Melba album that is really nice. I have collections of classical music in the old rock hard binders that are superb, even in the raucous sound that comes out of my Vic. One of my favorites is a Doris Day singing "Sentimental Journey" - now those would be albums to trade.

Now I had (in storage) a whole colection of Bradway albums, including the 'songs' from "Song and Dance" and "Sunday in the Park with George" ( I had a thing for Bernadette Peters in a prior life) - and original pressings of "A Chorus Line", "The Boys from Syracuse", "Sweeney Todd", "South Pacific", "Fiddler on the Roof", "Man of laMancha" "Brigadoon", and whole slew more. All stolen from my storage locker one weekend when the cameras "weren't working". My most lamentable loss was a recording of Carmina Burana that was the best recording I have ever heard, and I don't remember whose it was and so can't replace it. Truly sad.

But I still have my small collection of 78's - I might be willing to trade those around, if any one is interested in some really old stuff.

K

Looking for records (collection )in very good ++ or better condition
for my collection. Need BILLIE HOLIDAY, ELLA FITZGERALD,SARAH
VAUGHAN,HELEN FORREST,ANITA O'DAY,DINAH WASHINGTON,BETTY CARTER,SHIRLEY
HORN,DIANNE REEVES,DIANA KRALL, NATTLIE COLE in my house. Willing to
pay reasonable amount or trade classical.

Let me know if you have any Mantovani, Kostelanetz, Mancini, 50's pop (not rock), or Broadway to package up though.

Are you serious, Mark? It seems 75% of the used LPs I see fall into these categories, many in pristine shape. If you have any specific wants, I'll keep my good eye peeled. Don't worry: No crates will appear at your door.[;)]

I am interested...actually I've been thinking of posting a similiar thread. I'm actually a collector of sorts...I have about 2500 rock, jazz, blues, and classical all in vg+ or better condition...these are all keepers. I have another 2500 in vg+ or better I will probably never get thru...these are traders. Of the traders the classical are from a private school that changed over to digital and the rock, jazz, and blues are duplicates...ones I either bought not knowing I already had them or bought because they were in too good a condition to pass on.

I have no interest in selling these...and I have no interest in buying more...I simply want to trade these for ones I don't have.

My idea is more along the lines of Chicago_Pete's original proposition...put a group of these together, send them out, and get a new group back. Each sender pays the postage and each sender tries to match the value of what he received.