Met Michael Godard

BigStewMan

I had to go to the mall this afternoon for some contact lens, then decide to walk off the half-pound Ostrich burger that I had eaten for lunch (Yummy. Sold at Fuddrucker's, if you have one near you). Anyway, I pass this art gallery and notice that the artist Michael Godard (Famous for the painting of Green Olives doing all kinds of things) was going to be there in a few minutes. I didn't have any plans, so I hung around. The guy is super cool and very friendly. I couldn't afford a painting; but, I bought a book, which he happily autographed.

The people that did buy paintings...he did something very awesome. The paintings have a black background (with plenty of unused canvas) and he grabs his paint & brush and adds things to the painting, so that you have a one-of-a-kind, customized painting. One couple wanted their initials in some clouds--it was amazing to watch such a talented artist...he made it look so simple--which I know it isn't.

Ironically, his "olive" paintings have an alcohol theme; but, he doesn't drink. He said, "I'm a guy that doesn't drink that paints pictures for alcoholics."

I really had a good time watching him paint, and listening to his stories.