IPOD music set up

Hello

I have invested in a 120 Gig Ipod so I can transfer all my music into 1 library. I have built a pretty nice computer to do this. I have almost 900 albums, 10.000 songs set up.

What i am interested in is this. When I play my music from the computer, I seem to have to turn up the volume more, on the computer then I would for the CD player.

Pioneer SX 1050 half way

Pioneer elite 5

I have the computer volume up all the way as well as the Itunes volume.

Do you guys know of a better way to get sound this way. If not ill live with it.

I dont want to add an amp, i dont need it. I am driving cornwalls.

Regards Jim

I have noticed it to. Some people use a docking station and state that the station helps with the problem. I am not sure what it is because I notice a difference between my laptop and IPod and they both have the MP3's encoded at the same bitrate.

I'm in the same boat. I just turn the vol on the laptop to about 80-90% and live with it. I'm running an old Pioneer 9100 at about 85 watts and it's blowing the grills off my CF3's at about one half volume.

I assume that you opened the sound manager up and tweaked all the levels?? Not to be an ***....sorry if you did.

I find that the volumes are close enough that I don't notice any signif difference.