Quick Heresy question please...

Schu

I did a quick search but didn;t see any clear answer...

can someone give me a quick rundown on the differences between hesery variations/generations?

Are the older versions more desirable in that produce a better sound?

thanks in advance

The orginal Heresy used the same mid driver and tweeter as the KHorn and the LaScala. This may have been done partly for economy, so that different parts weren't stocked (my opinion)

This means a very powerful mid compared to the the 12 inch woofer, and I personally find the original a little overwhelming in the midrange. It does mean that it will work well with the two big guys when used as a center.

The HII, came out in the early to mid '80s, and to my ear, sounds a lot more banced tonally, from top to bottom.

The HIII is more recent, of course, and has been reworked. The bass is better, and seems to be an all round improvement. They aren't as common on the used market yet. I would love a pair of them, myself.

The first two are all personal preference, and you always want to believe that the newest is always the best. I think the HIIIs are the better of the three versions, but you may find you can only afford some used originals or HIIs.

Bruce

Just to add, that they are all good![:D]