Phono Cartidge with a Technics SL-DD22

I have just hooked up my turntable(see above). With the ART preamp, well I was digging in some boxes and found a Audio Techinca AT311EP cartridge that I bought years ago , still in the box and unmolested, will this work with the turntable I have?

I have tons of questions about this preamp, ie: I have to turn up my reciver alot to hear it vs. having a cd playing-I dont have to turn it up that much.

Thanks again for all the advice that will be coming

Klipsch rules.

What is the specific model of phono preamp?

Dave

Good for you Rich. I also wonder which one you have?

I bought this one and am using it with my ELAC Miracord TT. Works fine for me. It has an adjustable gain, which may be what you need.

41TjSLkBA5L._SL500_AA280_.jpgIt is the Artcessories DjPre II.

Dennie

lg_usbphonoplusv2.jpgUSBPhonoPlus v2

Dang, the pic didnt come thru, sorry guys.

This is the one that I have, it has a headphone jack in it.

Havent gotten around to swapping out that cartdidge yet, but will let you know how it sounds when I do . I bought a cable at Radio Shack to go from the preamp to my computer, $32, I only paid63 for the preamp. Then I got the parts express mailer the other day and they have a longer cable for $8. DOH!!, so I ordered the Parts Express, and am going to return the RS unit.

lg_usbphonoplusv2.jpgUSBPhonoPlus v2

Dang, the pic didnt come thru, sorry guys.

This is the one that I have, it has a headphone jack in it.

Havent gotten around to swapping out that cartdidge yet, but will let you know how it sounds when I do . I bought a cable at Radio Shack to go from the preamp to my computer, $32, I only paid63 for the preamp. Then I got the parts express mailer the other day and they have a longer cable for $8. DOH!!, so I ordered the Parts Express, and am going to return the RS unit.

This one?

a6aba2c008a0b4b2da277010.L.jpg

........and it still plays quieter than the CD player, with the gain turned all the way up?

I guess mine is a little quieter than the CD player, too. So I guess it is normal. Keep us posted, I am interested in how you like that cartridge.

Dennie

That is almost it. Mine has a dial/pot so you can adjust gain on the headphones. And there is no power switch.

I have it set to zero, going to my reciever. It sounds fine, but I am sure that new cartdridge will make a huge difference. I actually bought a new stylus last week to put in the Stanton that is in it now, so I will have two to try out.

I will definately keep you posted.

Oh, BTW, I just passed 100posts, WOOT WOOT!!