ss preamp info needed

colterphoto1

I'm in search of a reliable, quiet ss preamp for my2 channel room. This will be used with turntable and Ah! CD player and will supply signal to Crown XTi amps for my Jubilee setup.

Due to employment situation and the fact that I have a Sansui AU9900A integrated awaiting repairs, I can't spend too much on this- would like to keep it below $150.

Does anyone have anything they could sell or advise me of that's available on eBay (please PM and don't broadcast sales).

Thanks

Michael

Crazy idea. Maybe an ART USB Phono Plus could work. Single analog input but switchable between RIAA and line level. Might do the job if the phono has enough gain. A pain to switch from one to the other but could work until a proper preamp could be found.

Specs scanned from back of packaging. PDF attached also if all goes well.

ART USB Phono Plus specs

omusbphonoplusv2.pdf

HiFi Jim, a regular around these parts, offered to send me a Yamaha C-40 preamp with phono stage for the price of shipping. What a Guy!

Jim knows me as a long-time Yammie fan from my rants against the 'brittle and toppy' crowd. Thanks Jim! Can't wait to make the Jubilees sing with this baby!

yer buddy,

Michael

HiFi Jim, a regular around these parts, offered to send me a Yamaha C-40 preamp with phono stage for the price of shipping. What a Guy!

Jim knows me as a long-time Yammie fan from my rants against the 'brittle and toppy' crowd. Thanks Jim! Can't wait to make the Jubilees sing with this baby!

Cool beans! Is this a great place or what. Michael's Jubilee's will soon be up and running. [8][8][H][8][8]

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jim, theYamaha C40 arrived today. I've got her hooked up out in the shop to a JBL/Urie 6260 amp and the MCM's! Bet it never played to a house like that! Nice and clean insides and signal path, nary any noise or hiss that I can tell. All inputs ok (haven't checked phone yet).

I've sanded and repainted the cover- next up will be to get cabling to hook to the Crowns to power the Jubilees.

Thanks a bunch Jim, you're a life saver! I can't believe a Forum brother sent me a working pre-amp at NO CHARGE- you're the best mang!

Michael

Hey Michael, you're welcome and I'm glad I could help out a brother. I'm sure she'll look a lot prettier with some new paint on the lid. I got the pre with its dandy paint job from my neighbor about 15 years ago after he failed to sell it at a yard sale. I used it for a couple of years to help me get into separates and then it sat for the most part. Glad that you are giving it some good use. [:)]

I hit it with some 100 grit on my palm sander, then scotch brite, then wiped it clean. 4 coats of RustOLeum fine texture paint (not that nasty big wrinkle finish), and she looks practically new. 

Nice. And the perfect example of my laziness. [:D] I owned it 15 years, no repaint. Michael has it less than a day and it's looking like new! [Y]