YAMAHA RX-V3900

Devinlm

Hello All

I'm thinking about buying a Yamaha RX-V3900. I'm setting up a HT in my basement with a front projecter and a 120" screen. I'm using Forte II's for the fonts & center & KG-4's for the rear channels. Bluray, X-box and a JVC DLA-HD350 for the front projecter.

Does anyone know or have any experience with the Yamaha 3900?

I've always had Yamaha receivers and Yamaha A/V receivers and have never had any problems with them.

Thanks

I just checked audioreview and CNET, and there are no reviews available yet.............

It's a pretty expensive receiver. I personally would hold off and wait for this pre amp to come out. And there's an assortment of amps from them to choose from for powering the speakers. Keep in mind, this is just what I would do; seeing as it's the same price +- 200 bucks........

http://emotiva.com/umc1.shtm

I have the RX-V1900 and I have been very happy with it. I don't listen to much music with it but for HT it always has plenty of power and has a very dynamic sound. The only problem/annoyance I have ever run into is that the volume isn't displayed on the TV when using an HDMI input, but only a little bar on the receiver itself, but it is my understanding that this isn't the case on the 3900.

• Moderators

I have the RX-V1800 and love it. Great for HT sounds really good for 2ch. I too hate that it does not have the OSD (On Screen Display) over HDMI. Last night I noticed that while watching regular TV on the analog to digital converter, it is hooked up to my receiver and then is sent to the projector via HDMI. The OSD does work with it but not on bluray. I thought I read it OSD could not be sent through HDMI that's why it did not display but how come it works when watching tv? All of my video sources go into the receiver and I only have one HDMI coming out of the receiver and going into the projector.

I also have the RX-V1800 and love it. Tremendous receiver that has incredible surround steering and a very dynamic sound. The 1900, 3900 and their predecessors the 1800 and 3800 are very similar and have received rave reviews. This is the best AVR that I have used, and the best for 2 channel music as well (when using Pure Direct). The British mags are usually a couple of months ahead of us with their reviews and this what they had to say about the 3900: http://whathifi.com/Review/Yamaha-RX-V3900/ And here is what UltimateAV has said about the 3800: http://www.ultimateavmag.com/avreceivers/1107yam3800/ Sound and Visions review of the 1800: http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/receivers/2590/yamaha-rx-v1800-av-receiver.html Google all four models as they all have the same sound and similar features, and you'll find lots of positive press. Best prices on eBay for new are: v1800, $700. v1900, $900. v3800, $1,100. v3900, $1300.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

Bro you got to own this magnificient peice of equipment 140W per channel 7.1 in all, i have bought it almost 2 weeks back and it really do rock everything out of the Reference-7 Setup, i was previously using Pioneer VSX-1016 that was 110W per channel but i really do feel the difference in sound quality and all the excellent features this Receiver have and its not only the audio section you will enjoy but the video sections is also very great and it really is worth the price.

Currently using:-

Yamaha RX-V3900
Klipsch RF-7
Klipsch RC-7
Klipsch RS-7
Klipsch RT-10d Subwoofer
Pioneer DV-600 DVD