Me again, Heresy choice I or II

scooter_nate

Nate,

Was your other thread about the particular pair of HII's? What kind of deal have you got before you? That comparison info would be helpful in determining which is a better by. It's usually a case by case basis, IMO, determined by condition and price.

If you've got a real good deal on HII's, I'd jump on it. HII's are excellent sounding speakers, some prefer their sound to H's because they have (to my ears in a head to head comparison) a slightly more present, a slightly larger sound loading the room than the H. Up until a head to head shoot out I heard a few weeks ago, I'd have said few people could tell the difference.

DIY and shade tree mechanic types usually prefer the H because it is easier to work on and it also has the K77 and K55 (tweeter and mid) drivers which are still used in the Khorns and LaScalas.

Heresy pairs will for sure need new caps to refresh the crossover to sound like factory spec. HII's, depending on their vintage, (less than 20 years old) could get by for a season without refreshing the crossovers.

In one way, it's a toss up. I've never heard anyone say they were sorry for getting H or HII's.

Looking forward to hear about the deal you've got available.

I prefer Heresys to Heresy IIs...my older brother prefers Heresy IIs to Heresy and everyone likes Heresy IIIs the best...or something like that...Heresys are real wood (veneered plywood) but older...the upside is you can update (if need be) everything pretty much easily...the HIIs are newer and have a warranty (ulikely you will need it)...depends on what floats your boat AND on the wood finish...H IIs are veneered MDF...

Bill