OT: I need a house in Corpus Christi TX

USNRET

i think. Here's the deal: the company I work for is a front runner for a 10 year contract there. I have been selected for and accepted a position there. The announcement will be May 1 and I will have 30 days to be in place if we are selected. I currently own (eh, mortgage company owns) a home in Dallas GA and the market here sux a big one so selling is out for the next several years. I will be looking for a long term rental/lease in Corpus. Need a 4+ bedroom (of course it MUST have a suitable audio room) in a neighborhood the wife approves of with the best elementary school available. Require very large 2 car or bigger garage, sure would like to put both cars in and still have room for all the tools so 3 car plus would actually be better. I have 2 young ones and no pets.

Me? Retired military, master's degree, good credit with stable job

If you know of anything, pass the word please. I am beating every bush I know to find a nice place that would not be repo'd out from under me.

Thanks, Mike

Hey Mike,

maybe you already thought of this; but, have you passed the word to any military facilities in the corpus area? Having retired from the coast guard, i know several shipmates didn't want to sell their house when they transferred and rented it out. perhaps, someone in corpus is preparing to transfer and planning to rent their house out, or you can convince them to rent it to you and sell years from now.

Good Luck.

Steve

Hey Mike, maybe you already thought of this; but, have you passed the word to any military facilities in the corpus area? Having retired from the coast guard, i know several shipmates didn't want to sell their house when they transferred and rented it out. perhaps, someone in corpus is preparing to transfer and planning to rent their house out, or you can convince them to rent it to you and sell years from now. Good Luck. Steve

I'll do a check with housing referral when I visit for house hunting.

call up K. Hovnanian at 800-232-0351 and ask for Patricia Pauley (my name is Chris Feeny if you want to know)...she is our Account Manager for much of Texas and would know if we are selling any inventory there.

I wish I waited a year to buy, we have some beautiful homes right now in S. Florida for a steal.