Tubes

CIGARBUM

Can anyone recommend a good dependable, not rediculous priced tube supplier? With my recent purchase of the Peach, VRD and I have a couple other ( MC275 and Jolida 100 ) tube pieces of equipment, I want to get some back ups, just in case. I don't believe I want to get into a lot of tube rolling, but need some good spares in case one blows.

Also, if anyone has some good recommendation on which REASONABLE price tubes could be used in a specific application.

Appreciate the help

CigarBum

Partsexpress sells tubes. I only had once case of a need to retun a tube which they took back with no problem under standard return polices.

I tried the small individual resellers and found them to be big on hype and low on backing their claims. Once bought the tubes are yours. When you go to resell, even unused, you'll find in most cases you have been scalped. These guys push NOS, which basically means tubes found in shut down radio repair shops that may or may not be used, but test OK. Tube repair techs of yesteryear used the swap tube method of equipment diagnostics, frequently putting the swapped out tube into the swapped in tube box. We call these NOS tubes today.