Pics from the v-trac demo

khorn#1

Randy i forgot to ask earlier, did you try swaping the demos as to put the tweeters on the inside and compair the difference?

Jay

I've done this and you can hear the difference. I preferred the tweeters on the outside. Actually, I would prefer the tweeters on top center.

Greg

Jay,

Never did try them on the inside. Set them up on the outside per Gregs setup on his website. As I have stated, did not have the time to spend with the demo's like I would have like to so I did not ever try any other tap settings and or of course tweeters to the inside or my es networks.

It was frustrating because I had planned to try all the above mentioned setups but Like I have said " it was sounding very very good " just the way Greg sent then to me. The positve that I see is knowing that there is even more potential with these horns with time and a little tinkering.

By the way, I receive my order today from Greg. These horns really are gorgeous, Greg's work is second to none. Working out the funds for the BMS drivers, hopefully will order them the first of next week. Will post pics and impressions once I get everything up and running. Can't wait to hear these cranked with ALK es networks.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy,

Consider the BMS 4591 driver also. It's much cheaper. It has a smoother response curve. Although, I have never seen any direct comparison between the two drivers. I have the 4591 and think it is great on Greg's horns. It is a lot larger but, it will fit just fine.

Randy,

Consider the BMS 4591 driver also. It's much cheaper. It has a smoother response curve. Although, I have never seen any direct comparison between the two drivers. I have the 4591 and think it is great on Greg's horns. It is a lot larger but, it will fit just fine.

I tried both the BMS4591 and of course the BMS4592ND-MID drivers, and there wasn't much difference between them. They both sound terrific. I did prefer the 92 because it's lighter, newer, and did actually sound a bit clearer and warmer than the 91.

If anyone out there finds another source for purchasing the BMS drivers, please let us know. I don't like having only one source.

Greg

I tried both the BMS4591 and of course the BMS4592ND-MID drivers, and there wasn't much difference between them. They both sound terrific. I did prefer the 92 because it's lighter, newer, and did actually sound a bit clearer and warmer than the 91.

If anyone out there finds another source for purchasing the BMS drivers, please let us know. I don't like having only one source.

Greg

Thanks Greg, I did not remember that you tried both drivers.

www.usspeaker.com caries BMS drivers. They do not list the 4591 or the 4592ND-MID on their web site. It may be worth contacting them to see if they can get either of these two drivers.

Randy,

What were the two prices you were quoted?

• 3 weeks later...

Randy,

What were the two prices you were quoted?

I can now sell both of these drivers, so my customers are only dealing with one source for the horns and the drivers. The prices are the same as from the distributor. The BMS 4592ND-MID is $468.75 each, and the BMS 4591 is $331.25 each - both plus shipping.

Greg