Seaton Sound SubMersive

Kain

Anyone here have any knowledge regarding this subwoofer? Seems like an excellent performer. Read the following reviews:

Two PB13-Ultras vs. Conquest vs. SubMersive: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=16330164&postcount=50

SubMersive vs. f113 vs. ULS-15: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16362190#post16362190

I should be ordering one soon.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The SubMersive winns when the deepest bass is king,the Ultra and Conquest are ported and roll of below tune.The SubMersive does not have as much max output as the ported 18-30Hz but is is very solid output and extension the ported cannot match.Under 16Hz the SubMersive like any well designed sealed(not bent on max output with agressive filters) will catch up and best the ported with ease.

The Ultra in the deepest extenion mode is UNDERPORTED,one port is NOT enough.The port noise will become aparent. The Ultra should be used with all three ports open.

TheEAR, I take it that you would pick the SubMersive over the PB13-Ultra? By the way, how much more output will the ported designs offer in the 18-30Hz range over the SubMersive?

Mark Seaton is a pretty smart guy from what I've read. Be sure to take pics and let us know what you think. Who sells them anyway?

You have to order direct from Mark Seaton. He doesn't have a Web site currently up yet so you have to e-mail him.

Yes I would pick a SubMersive over a PB13 Ultra for my setups(rooms),as I have ample gain down deep and I value extension over a bit of extra output I may never use ...or get close to using.

The SubMersive having two 15" drivers ,each driver moves less than a single 13" of the Ultra,it is around tune the Ultra driver will move less.

I suspect the difference in output across the range is quite similar,2-3 dB from eachother.Nothing major.

Yes I would pick a SubMersive over a PB13 Ultra for my setups(rooms),as I have ample gain down deep and I value extension over a bit of extra output I may never use ...or get close to using.

The SubMersive having two 15" drivers ,each driver moves less than a single 13" of the Ultra,it is around tune the Ultra driver will move less.

I suspect the difference in output across the range is quite similar,2-3 dB from eachother.Nothing major.

On the first review I stated, a single SubMersive was able to produce a higher peak SPL during War of the Worlds than two co-located PB13-Ultras without any signs of stress or distortion from the SubMersive. That is quite impressive. Mark as also stated that a single SubMersive will have twice the output of a single PB13-Ultra obove 35Hz (and I'm sure also down real low).

Another factor to consider is the better sound quality of the SubMersive versus the PB13-Ultra.

The Submersive will have higher SPL 35Hz on up,two 15's VS one 13". Below tune(of the Ultra)the Submersive takes a good lead. I experimented with sealed VS ported in the real world and in simulation so many times I know multiples of a great sealed sub are my final choice.

As I get top SQ(no port distortions/resonances to take into account),extreme LF extension down to near DC.

The lack of output of a sealed sub is a NON issue with today's drivers and amps.

TheEAR,

What do you think about the new SVS sealed subwoofers? Rumors state that there will be two models, SB13-Plus and SB16-Ultra.

Click the following link to view pics and information regarding both models: http://www.eclecticelectronics.net/ht-home-theater/svs-sb13-plus-sb16-ultra-sealed-subwoofers/

Since the SB16-Ultra has a 1,000 watt amplifier, could it outdo the SubMersive which also has a 1,000 watt amplifier but has TWO drivers/woofers (which means 500 watts for each)? What are your thoughts on how the SB16-Ultra will perform in regards to the SubMersive?

Kain.

Great choice! Mark Seaton's Submersive is one heck of a deal, you get a sub that is designed by a master of the sub world, the man knows subs like very few.His designs are no nonsense and he puts money where it counts most.

One of these days I may place an order for his subs and his amplified sats.A definite win win there.

Have a look at this graph for the SubMersive AT LISTENING POSITION. [:o]

SubMersive-Kevin-output.jpg

125 dB at 36Hz, 110 dB at 16Hz, and 101 dB at 8Hz! OMG!

There appears to be a suck-out around 15Hz which is room-related.

Kain- I'm very interested to see how you like this sub when you get it. How big is your room and is it sealed or open?
aymloEKh0Fg4HPZ2E87n86Udvs4FoWqwSHUAAAAA
I'll surely post my impressions here once I get the subwoofer. My room is about 15 feet long x 11.5 feet wide x 9.5 feet high. The room is sealed.

Can you post Mark's email, or tell me how to get it VIA PM, I might be interested in ordering 1 myself. What's the price?

To order a SubMersive you have to e-mail Mark at seatonsound@comcast.net. The price of the subwoofer is $1,995 + shipping.