RF-3 II and Denon Opinion

Youthman

• Moderators

Shaun and his family decided to come down a day early. They arrived on at 2:30am on Friday. After everyone woke up, we headed into the theater to check out his new toys. I had several songs I had already setup as a playlist but he wasnt' familiar with many of them. His wife came in and then decided to bring in some of her music from the car. Needless to say, they were blown away. He was grinning from ear to ear and she actually commented that she was hearing things she had never heard. They both appreciated how clear and crisp the highs were, something their sony speakers lacked big time. I turned off the sub and played some bass music through to show them what they could do on the bottom end. They were loving it, turning on my Velodyne sub (which is similar in power to his 1000 watt mackie sub), they were even more impressed with the sound of the 2.1 combo.

We watched several movie scenes and again, he was blown away. He couldn't wait to get it all setup in his house.

They just got home this evening and he only had a little bit to set them up and check them out. He sent me a quick email saying he loved them but would be tweeking them over the next several days.

Thanks again to everyone that helped me get him his first pair of Klipsch. He is soooo stoked!

• Moderators

I knew he would like it, glad it worked out for both of you, think he will sign up here ?

I wish he would but he's on dialup at home and rarely gets online. He does email through his phone, that's about it so I doubt he'll be in the forums. I'll tell him about it though.

• Moderators

Thx for the compliments. Not sure I follow the Micky Mouse dude comment though. [:D]

It's great when you find good deals for yourself but it's pretty amazing to find great deals for others too.

After hooking them up, he's not as pleased with the sound in his setup as he was when they were hooked up in mine. The main two differences would be his acoustics and his receiver. He is using an Onkyo (not sure the model) and my guess is that is part of what he is hearing. I know when I went from a Harman Kardon receiver to an Onkyo receiver, I felt the same way. The HK sounded so much sweeter for 2ch than the Onkyo. I told him in my experience and my taste, the HK sounded much better than the Onkyo and the Yamaha was somewhere in between the two. For HT, both the Onkyo and Yamaha are excellent.

• Moderators

A few years ago when look for a receiver I listened to Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha, I went with a Yamaha, I didn't really like the other two. It could have been in the price range I was looking at also, around $500 your looking at far from the best from each company, I wish I had listened to a HK, seems many like them also.

yeah i run an avr798 denon and love it, they go well with klipsch, it just goes to show how people like different types of sound for their HT doesnt it, i would like to also hear HK they are well rated on this forum, and micky mouse in australia just means sweet as

hey youthman i just read this whole thread thats the best deal ever! great pics, also your set up is sic i just seen your photos of your HT micky mouse dude!

Not that I want to rub in but here are some of the deals I got over the last few years

RF 3 II, RC 3 II and RS 3 II set with the boxes good as new for $650-------- sold it for the same price to inventor's friend (did not even charge him for the gas to go pick them up).

RC 7 with box as good as new $ 350---------- resold for the same price and delivered in person to a forum member 300 miles away from me

RF 7 (2) brand new in boxes $900 those are not going anywhere but in my leaving room

RS 3II set $ 130------ resold to acoworker, at cost, along with a set of RF3II and a RC 3II. I also installed and wired the all the system for free

Brand new RS 42 $199 ----- resold to a forum member for the same price

RS 52 set for $ 399------- seating in my HT room

RS 62 set brand new with boxes $599----- seating in my leaving room

Most of those speakers were not even unpacked, I just find the deals and buy them for my friends

Hunting the deals down ----- exciting

Bring them home--------------- delirious fever

Making a friend happy or making someone a new klipsch fan---- priceless

The HK sounded so much sweeter for 2ch than the Onkyo. I told him in my experience and my taste, the HK sounded much better than the Onkyo and the Yamaha was somewhere in between the two. For HT, both the Onkyo and Yamaha are excellent.

I could not have said it better

• Moderators

HK they are well rated on this forum

[Y] from me

and micky mouse in australia just means sweet as

That's cool. I wasn't sure if it was a reference to Disney World which has Mickey Mouse as their mascot and is only 1 hour away from me. [:D] Learn something new everyday.

• Moderators

Falcon is correct, that's probably not the best deal that has been had, but it was definitely a good deal. The deals are out there. I've been very fortunate to have found some of them along the way.

Best deal so far that I have found is my Velodyne HGS-15. I paid $200 for in perfect working order. 15" sub with 1250 watt rms/3000 peak amp. I still can't believe he sold it for that cheap. I also picked up my Yamaha RX-V1800 for $400 in like new condition.

Hunting the deals down ----- exciting

Bring them home--------------- delirious fever

Making a friend happy or making someone a new klipsch fan---- priceless

That's fantastic.

I believe one reason Falcon has found great deals is because of his generosity towards others. I truly believe that "you reap what you sow" and Falcon is sowing well.

• Moderators

I just received this email from Shaun.

I got a chance to really crank the RF-3’s last night and man…..I am impressed. I really think they will sound good right up until your ears start to bleed. Music sounds amazing. The only movie I have watched is Bride Wars (you called it…worst movie ever). I have previewed small parts of Iron Man, Transformers, Dark Knight, and Pirates 2. Very pleased with the sound. The vocals are much clearer, front sound has a lot more detail. I am very pleased. I didn’t realize how bad the KLH’s sounded until I set up the Klipsch, they suck!

• Moderators

That's funny and true, you don't know how bad something is until you hear much better. He still has a long way to go adjusting and moving things around, it's still early it will get even better for him.

• Moderators

That's funny and true, you don't know how bad something is until you hear much better.

That sounds like something a BOSE owner would say once they finally hear Klipsch. [:P]

He still has a long way to go adjusting and moving things around, it's still early it will get even better for him.

We are going up to visit their family in June so he and I can try and tweek it together.