Use of 2 power amps

irishhitman

I currently have a system that consist of RF-7's RC-7 RW-12 with RS 62 surrounds. I currently power the system with an Aragon 2007 Amp (200x7) with an Arcam Pre. I am overall satisfied with the sound quality and quantity but I wonder what I could do with an Adcom Amp (125x7) that is laying around collecting dust. I am not familiar enough in bi-wiring or bi-amp setups but wonder if the Adcom could power just the RF-s and what gain would I appreciate. Would I somehow bridge the amp for the 2 fronts? these are the questions that I seek answers to from the collective wisdom.

I use two Denon receivers, one powering the side and rear speakers and feeding the sub and the center Cornwall then feeding the other receiver that powers the Khorns. The volume on the second receiver is set to follow the first receiver and works very well so I only need one volume control after i set the K-horns for proper level with my white noise test in the main receiver. The Cornwall is fed directly by the first receiver and the pre out feeds the sub and the K-horn receiver. The result is "huge bass blow you through the wall performance". I would suspect your Adcoms would have to have a nice splitter circuit but it would have to be able to adjust signal level to balance everything.

JJK

if you are wanting to bi-amp, i would suggest this:

connect the (200x7) to the WOOFER side of your RF-7'S, and RC-7.

connect the (125x7) to the TWEETER side of your RF-7's and RC-7.

i didn't see it in your post but what processor are you using? are you using an AVR and the aragon amp? if you are using an AVR, then connect your REAR speakers to the AVR.

you will need 3 ea Y cables or depending on the rca placement on your AVR you could use 3 hard Y adapters and 6ea rca cables. i personally use 3 Y cables from someplace i can't remember. but they were custom made with belden coax and canare connectors.